Hanoi (VNA) – The treatment section under the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on June 20 announced two new deaths from COVID-19-related complications, raising the pandemic death toll in the country to 66.
The latest fatalities are men aged 53 and 80. Both of them were being treated for a number of underlying health conditions .
The 53-year-old, from the northern province of Vinh Phuc, was being treated for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma since September 2020 and had undergone nine chemotherapy sessions at the Tan Trieu facility of the National Cancer Hospital in Hanoi.
He tested positive for COVID-19 while at the hospital and was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi where his conditions worsened resulted in his death in the early morning of June 19.
His cause of death is recorded as septic shock, pneumonia, COVID-19 in patients with treatment-resistant non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, hypertension, and renal failure.
The second patient, from the northern city of Bac Ninh, also died on the same day. He had a history of hypertension, kidney failure and asthma.
The 80-year-old man tested positive for COVID-19 on May 25 and was moved from Bac Ninh Provincial General Hospital to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases .
The condition of his lungs rapidly deteriorated and due to his advanced age and weak health, he did not respond to treatment.
His cause of death has been noted as multi-organ failure, pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2 in patients with renal failure, hypertension, heart failure and bronchial asthma.
The two new deaths brought the COVID-19 casualties in the fourth wave of infections (since late April) to 31./.
- Chetan Chauhan Dies Due to COVID-19 Related Illness: Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri Lead Tributes For Former India Opener
- Việt Nam reports 26th COVID-19 related death
- Quang Tri locks down hamlet due to high risk of COVID-19 infection
- One more COVID-19-related death and six new cases discovered on Friday morning
- One more COVID-19-related death and six new cases announced
- Vietnam reports 23rd COVID-19-related death, 20 new cases
- 18th person dies of COVID-19 complications
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Maharashtra’s Covid-19 tally crosses 6 lakh-mark and all the latest news
- 25th death linked to COVID-19 announced
- Việt Nam reports 27th COVID-19 related death
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported in Vietnam
- COVID-19: Six more cases in current hotspots lift total to 1,022
Two more die of COVID-19-related complications have 407 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.