One of them is 65 years old and from the northern Ninh Binh Province. She had cervical cancer and had gone through chemo and radiation therapies six different times.
On May 3, she was taken to the K Hospital in Hanoi that specializes in cancer treatment for emergency aid as her cancer developed worse. She got infected with the new coronavirus while staying at the hospital and was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases on May 16.
After six days, she suffered severe breathing difficulty. She had to rely on a ventilator and ECMO.
She died on Thursday of septic shock, pneumonia caused by Covid-19, fungal infection on the background of cervical cancer with metastases in abdominal lymph nodes, the health ministry said.
The 57th death is a 59-year-old woman in northern Ha Nam Province.
She was in the last stage of gallbladder cancer and was also treated at the K Hospital.
She contracted Covid-19 at the hospital on May 11 and was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for further treatment.
Ten days into Covid-19 treatment, she must use the ventilator. She also got blood clot disorder and superinfection.
She passed away Thursday. Her cause of death was concluded as septic shock and pneumonia caused by Covid-19 on a last-stage gallbladder cancer patient.
So far into the new wave that started in late April, Vietnam has recorded 22 Covid-19 fatalities and 6,718 infections in 39 of its 63 cities and provinces.
During the second wave in July and August last year, the country recorded 35 deaths.
- California Funeral Homes Run Out of Space as COVID-19 Rages
- OC Hospitals Set Up Mobile Field Units To Help With Patient Overflow As COVID-19 Surge Persists
- Larry King Hospitalized With COVID-19
- Malawi Bolsters COVID-19 Prevention Measures
- Britain Approves AstraZeneca Vaccine, Offering Hope Amid Surge in COVID-19 Infections
- New COVID-19 Lockdowns in Britain; New Variant Found in New York
- South Sudan Concert Draws Tens of Thousands in Defiance of COVID-19 Protocols
- Biden Vows to Ramp Up COVID-19 Vaccination Efforts
- US Passes 350,000 COVID-19 Deaths
- Europe in Most Acute Phase of COVID-19 Transmission, WHO Says
- Drug used for more than a decade to treat cancer could cure Covid-19 – outperforming remdesivir in lab tests
- Hanoi tightens preventive measures against COVID-19
Two cancer patients with Covid-19 die in Hanoi have 358 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.