HÀ NỘI — Two women, both being treated for cancer, have died of COVID-19 related complications, the Ministry of Health announced on Friday afternoon.
Their deaths take the total number of fatalities throughout the pandemic to 57.
One is a 65-year-old woman from northern Ninh Bình with a history of cervical cancer. At the beginning of May, she was admitted to the National Cancer Hospital (known as K Hospital) in Hà Nội with a number of health issues.
After 10 days of treatment, she tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and was transferred to the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hà Nội’s Đông Anh District.
Her condition gradually worsened and on Thursday she passed away. The cause of death was recorded as septic shock, pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, invasive fungal infection and metastasised abdominal lymph nodes.
The second patient who died is a 59-year-old woman from northern Hà Nam Province. She was also being treated for cancer in her gallbladder.
She was also being treated at the K Hospital and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. Earlier her daughter had also contracted the virus.
The woman was treated in intensive care but her condition did not improve and she too died on Thursday. The cause of death was ruled to be septic shock and pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2 in a patient with a background of advanced gallbladder cancer. — VNS
- One in five cancer patients in Mansfield and Ashfield only diagnosed via emergency hospital admission
- Roman Reigns backed by Leukaemia Care UK amid claims he ‘faked cancer’
- Hopkins cancer center gets $65 million gift
- Honorary officer Abigail Arias 'enjoys every day as gift' despite recent cancer scans
- Prostate Cancer Gene Discovered
- Immunotherapy Medicine Better Than Chemotherapy In Treating Lung Cancer
- Purdue super fan Tyler Trent dies after battle with bone cancer
- First Massachusetts vape-related death reported
- Former Kansas City Chiefs tight end Walter White has died
- New Cancer Treatment Put On Fast Track
- Andrew Strauss' wife dies after losing the battle with cancer
- Wife of former England cricket chief Strauss dies
Two cancer patients die of COVID-related complications have 347 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.