Hai Phong (VNA) – Chairman of the National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue and his entourage attended the ground-breaking ceremony of a project on upgrading 13.4 km of the National Highway 10 in the northern city of Hai Phong on May 8 afternoon.
The upgrade of the section spanning from Da Bac to Kien bridges has a total investment of 1.22 trillion VND (53.3 million USD) funded by the local budget.
The stretch will be expanded to six lanes, allowing a maximum speed of 80km per hour. Scheduled to finish in September 2022, the project is expected to help ease congestion during peak hours and prevent traffic accidents on the route.
Previously, a 30-km section of the expressway from Quan Toan to Nghin Bridges has been upgraded and put into operation.
Later the same day, Hue visited and offered incense at the memorial house dedicated to Nguyen Duc Canh, an outstanding student of President Ho Chi Minh and a co-founder of the Communist Party of Vietnam. He was also the founder of the Tong Cong Hoi Do Bac Ky (Red Workers’ General Union in Northern Vietnam), the predecessor of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour, and the first Secretary of the Hai Phong Party Committee./.
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
- Under fire for abrupt Syria pullout, Trump imposes higher tariffs on Turkey
- Quang Binh Province develops southward with eye on investment
- Boris Johnson and girlfriend Carrie Symonds are seen leaving Balmoral hours after he was warned he could go to PRISON if he carries through with his threat to ignore the law and refuse to delay Brexit
- How Governor Abdulrazaq has brought new lease of life to Kwara
- MHA invites northeast groups for discussion on Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Shah meeting NE CMs, groups to discuss on citizenship bill
- Govt, opposition set for CAB showdown
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- A Most American Way to Die
- Remembering Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Deadly 1977 Plane Crash
- Trump the Destroyer
Top legislator attends ground-breaking of national highway upgrade in Hai Phong have 376 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 9, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.