Shared facilities in a condominium in Yishun have been shut down completely for seven days after a Covid-19 case residing in one of the blocks was confirmed, and subsequently seen being escorted off the property by at least one resident living there.
The positive Covid-19 case was confirmed by the condominium manager in a letter addressed to residents of the private property dated July 14, 2021.
The photo of a man being led out of Block 19 by at least four people in personal protective equipment was widely circulated on July 15.
Singapore was rattled by news of an exploding KTV cluster that day.
However, no details about this individual’s Covid-19-positive status or his circumstances were publicly revealed, and he might not even be linked to the KTV cluster.
What letter to residents said
The letter to residents only confirmed that the property’s management “received information about a Covid-19 positive case” at Block 19.
“Out of an abundance of caution,” the letter said, common facilities such as the swimming pool, playground, tennis court, gym, steam room and function room, among others, will be closed from July 14 to 21 for seven days.
The facilities, the management said, will reopen “after sterilisation” following an enforced “resting period”.
As a matter of precaution, areas such as Block 19’s lift interiors, railings and lift lobbies, which constitute “common area touchpoints”, will be cleaned once every two to three hours, the management added.
Residents are also urged to monitor their own health.
Those who fail to comply with the guidelines will be reported to the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) for breaching the Covid-19 safe management measures, the letter warned.
Top photos via HardwareZone forum
- Four new imported COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Fourth COVID-19 case confirmed in Shanghai
- One new imported COVID-19 case confirmed on November 20
- Spotlight: Mideast mired in virus spread, economic woes as 4 mln COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Surge in Africa COVID-19 Cases Due to Large Gatherings, WHO Says
- Fact check: Is Delhi govt giving right statistics on COVID-19 cases
- VN reports one imported COVID-19 case on Wednesday
- Physician predicts 'unprecedented surge' in US Covid-19 cases after Thanksgiving
- Australian State of Victoria Celebrates 28 Days Without a New COVID-19 Case
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade will be scaled back even more as COVID-19 cases surge in NYC with just 960 performers taking to the streets - down from 10,000 in a normal year
- India's COVID-19 cases cross 90 lakh with 1,32,162 deaths
- As COVID-19 cases rise, winter-budget sessions of Parliament likely to be clubbed
The Criterion Yishun condominium Covid-19 case confirmed on July 14, 2021 have 399 words, post on mothership.sg at June 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.