The event, chaired by former Deputy Chief of the General Department of Political Affairs and President of the Vietnam Martyrs’ Family Support Association Lieutenant General Le Van Han, was part of the activities to mark the 74th Wounded Soldiers’ and Martyrs’ Day.
The texting program takes place from June 1 to July 31. Mobile service subscribers can text TALS to 1405 to donate VND 20,000 to the program.
According to the organizers, since June 1, they have received 1,708 messages.
Speaking at the launch ceremony, General Han emphasized that the program aims to pay gratitude to fallen soldiers, their families, and heroic Vietnamese mothers.
All proceeds from the program will be used to conduct DNA testing for unidentified remains of martyrs, build houses and buy gifts for needy policy beneficiaries.
General Han said he hopes the program will receive active and effective support from troops and people across the country.
As reported, despite the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Vietnam Martyrs’ Family Support Association and its affiliated agencies have exerted their utmost efforts to hold gratitude activities for fallen soldiers.
Particularly, the association and its affiliated agencies built 47 houses and presented 477 saving books, 118 scholarships and more than 5,000 gifts to needy families of fallen soldiers and heroic Vietnamese mothers.
The association provided free health check-ups and medicines to more than 2,100 national contributors and cooperated with Military Region 4 to present 35 savings books to families of troops who sacrificed their lives while conducting missions in the Central region in October, 2020.
Translated by Song Anh
- Former Trump Campaign Advisers: 2nd FBI Informant Contacted Campaign in May 2016
- Thwarting 2020 Campaign Cyberattacks Won't Be Easy or Cheap
- Watch: Chelsea Pensioners Remember the D-Day Fallen
- Trump Campaign Adviser George Papadopoulos Sentenced to 14 Days in Jail
- ‘Fortnite’ Season 8 launches today with new skins, new map locations, and a huge overhaul to its offline mode
- SpaceX Launches Artist's Satellite Memorializing First Black Astronaut
- Peter Strzok Confirms FBI Firing, Launches $150,000 GoFundMe Campaign
- Lyft has fallen more than 20% since its IPO — here’s what the first Wall Street analysts to cover the stock are saying
- Orange launches free film downloads from iTunes
- FBI agent Strzok defiant in face of Republican interrogation
- How to Raise Seven Grand in Seven Days on Indiegogo
- The best Xbox 360 games backward compatible on Xbox One
Texting campaign launched to pay gratitude to fallen soldiers have 365 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.