Bac Giang (VNA) – Lychees grown in Tan Yen district , the northern province of Bac Giang have made their way to stores in Japan this year.
This year, Bac Giang province has around 28,100 ha of lychees with an estimated output of more than 180,000 tonnes, an increase of 15,000 tonnes year-on-year. This includes 45,000 tonnes of early-ripening lychee harvested on an estimated area of 6,050 ha along with 135,000 tonnes of lychee from the main crop on an area of 22,050 ha. early-ripening lychee s, he said, stressing each kilogramme is sold at 25,000 – 30,000 VND (1.09 – 1.3 USD), particularly the price is 55,000 VND per kilogramme for the Japanese market, and the prices are expected to increase in the coming time. lychees , the export and consumption of the fruit have been going smoothly despite COVID-19, Vietnam's trade office in the Northeast Asian country said.
Vietnam began negotiating lychee exports to Japan in 2014. After five years, on December 15, 2019, Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries announced that Japan had officially opened its market to Vietnamese lychees but also requested that the fruit undergo a strict plant quarantine process prior to export. Japan was sent to Vietnam to monitor fruit packaging and sterilisation, completing the final step required by Japan for lychees to be shipped to the market.
- Japan credit rating downgraded over ballooning deficit
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares up as trade optimism lingers, oil firm on OPEC+ output cut
- Major currencies mark time as investors brace for key risk events
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares gain as Trump fuels trade deal optimism, oil firm on OPEC+ output cut
- FOREX-Dollar holds ground as central bank meetings loom, pound jumps
- FOREX-Aussie, yuan cede ground as trade deadline looms; pound jumps
- Central Vietnam scrambles to strengthen embankments as storm Nakri nears
- The world's 50 most powerful blogs
Tan Yen fresh lychees hit shelves in Japan have 322 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.