Social distancing in HCMC extended for two more weeks
The Saigon Times
|HCMC Chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong speaks at an anti-virus meeting today, June 14, where it was decided to extend citywide social distancing for two more weeks – PHOTO: TNO|
HCMC – The HCMC government has decided to extend citywide social distancing in line with the Prime Minister's Directive 15 for two more weeks to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
The decision was made by HCMC Chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong at an anti-virus meeting today, June 14, after the city reported 819 Covid-19 infections in the current fourth wave of the coronavirus, which began on April 27.
Under the decision, after ending the 15-day social distancing period in line with Directive 16 at midnight, June 15, Go Vap District and Thanh Loc Ward in District 12 will begin the social distancing order in line with Directive 15 until June 30, while other districts will continue practicing the 14-day social distancing order in line with the same directive.
Directive 15 bans gatherings of more than 10 persons outside offices, schools, hospitals and nonessential services. Besides, residents must stay at least two meters apart while communicating.
HCMC Chairman Phong said that after two weeks of social distancing, there is no sign of Covid-19 abating as several new chains of infection had emerged.
At the meeting, Director of the HCMC Department of Health Nguyen Tan Binh also said there remain carriers of the coronavirus in the community, so ending social distancing might contribute to further transmission of the disease. Multiple chains of coronavirus infection were detected in the city in mid-May, so the virus might have spread in the city in early May.
Phong said that depending on how the situation develops, the social distancing order might be tightened or loosened.
The governments of the districts and Thu Duc City were told to check compliance with Covid-19 safety protocols and impose harsh sanctions on those who gather for drinks or parties, the local media reported.
Earlier at a meeting on May 30, Chairman Phong imposed citywide social distancing in line with Directive 15, starting from May 31, while Go Vap District and Thanh Loc Ward in District 12 began social distancing in line with Directive 16.
After two weeks of social distancing, the pandemic in Go Vap and Thanh Loc Ward in District 12 has been controlled as all the new cases were those under quarantine and in lockdown areas and no new coronavirus clusters have been reported over the past few days.
- 10 Cultural Habits that Distance You from Your Children
- AI Weekly: Hurray for boring AI
- Growth in unpaid full-time internships raises fears for social mobility
- In The Wake Of ArenaNet Firings, Game Studios Rethink Their Social Media Policies
- Labour pledges four-week limit to unpaid internships
- Study shows social media echo chambers might actually be a good thing
- Facebook extends account deletion grace period to 30 days
- How to Help Your Kid Deal With Social Rejection
- Bella and Gigi Hadid ditch the glam as they dress down for their flight out of Paris Fashion Week... moments after ruling the runway at Miu Miu show
- EXCLUSIVE: Astonishing footage shows hunting chaos on busy Dorset road for THIRD time in three weeks as horses and hounds block traffic while rider crawls through hedge
- Facebook will open a "war room" next week to monitor election interference
- Love Island EXCLUSIVE: 'It has been difficult doing long-distance': Amber Gill and Greg O'Shea are working on their relationship and will reunite on a romantic trip to Ireland this weekend
Social distancing in HCMC extended for two more weeks have 562 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.