HCM CITY – Điên Tối (Darkness), a new psychological horror movie by young director Jack Carry On, has become a hit on social media since it premiered on YouTube on June 10.
The Viettel Media production earned more than 1.84 million views 15 hours after its premiere.
The 90-minute movie features Thạch, a young director from an orphanage who to make a movie adaptation of a novel by famous author Mạn Châu.
After meeting with Châu at her bookstore, Thạch and Châu begin a mysterious adventure.
Award-winning actor Lương Bỉnh Phát and actress Yu Dương play roles in the film.
Phát rose to fame after performing in Song Lang (The Tap Box), a film about the 100-year history of cải lương (reformed opera), a genre of traditional theatre in southern Việt Nam.
The film was directed by Vietnamese-American Leon Lê in 2018. Phát played a cải lương performer who falls in love with his male colleague and makes sacrifices to pursue his dream.
Phát won Best Actor at the Golden Kite Awards 2019 organised by the Việt Nam Cinematography Association. He also won the Tokyo Gemstone Award in the Best Newcomer category at the Tokyo International Film Festival 2018.
Yu Dương, whose real name is Nguyễn Thùy Dương, is known for playing the leading role in the 2014 horror movie Lời Nguyền Huyết Ngãi (Blood Curse) directed by Bùi Thạc Chuyên, when she was only 16 years old.
She later took part in movies and TV series such as Cô Dâu Đại Chiến 2 (Bride War 2) and Tốc Độ và Đường Cong (Speed and Curve).
In 2020, she impressed audiences with two thrilling movies Bí Mật Của Gió (Secrets of the Wind) and Thang Máy (Elevator).
Võ Ngọc Anh from Đồng Nai Province said that when she heard of the film and the cast with Phát and Dương, she knew it would be a good production.
"The film is awesome and meaningful. I cried at the ending," Anh said.
The director said: "Although Điên Tối is covered with darkness, it finally exposes the evil and opens a bright and better world."
Jack, whose real name is Trịnh Tài Việt, began making movies when he was 14 years old.
The 26-year-old self-taught director is known for his online short films such as Câu Chuyện Pháp Sư (Story of a Shaman) and Bí Mật Phòng Kế (Secret of the Next Room).
In 2020, he introduced his first web series Ảo Tưởng Tuổi 18 (Illusion at 18) consisting of 18 episodes, featuring struggles and challenges that young people face in modern society. The film received a warm welcome from young audiences.
Điên Tối is available on YouTube channel FIM360, with English subtitles. — VNS
- Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham: The Trailer Of The Mohanlal Starrer Crosses 20 Million Views!
- Vietnamese-speaking foreigners reach millions with YouTube videos
- Allu Arjun’s ‘Butta Bomma’ Song Crosses 450 Million Views On YouTube; David Warner Says ‘Well Done’
- Adchithooku! Viswasam album crosses 500 million views on YouTube
- Sai Dharam Tej's Hindi dubbed version of ''Prati Roju Pandaage'' gets 10 million views on YouTube
- Ratings King No More: Biden Earned More Views Than Trump in Town Hall Showdown
- Allu Arjun's Ramuloo Ramulaa song from ''Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo'' Crosses 250 Million Views on YouTube
- Meet the hackers who earn millions for saving the web: How bug bounties are changing cybersecurity
- Rowdy Baby video clocks 1 billion views, Dhanush thanks audience
- After Suicide Video, YouTube Cuts Business Ties With Logan Paul
- Baby Shark officially overtakes Despacito as the most viewed video on YouTube
- BOX OFFICE BEAT DOWN: Paul Blart: Mall Cop Dominates the Box Office with $33.8 Million
Psycho-horror movie earns millions of views on YouTube have 666 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.