Positive signs for Bac Giang lychee
On June 8, the authorities in Bac Giang Province held an online meeting with local and foreign experts to discuss ways to distribute lychee.
Phan The Tuan, vice chairman of Bac Giang People’s Committee, said in 2021, the province had 28,100ha of lychee and harvested 180,000 tonnes so far, an increase of 15,000 tonnes compared to the harvest in 2020. 15,200ha of lychee met VietGAP standards and 82ha met GlobalGAP standards. 218ha of lychee with a harvest of 1,800 tonnes will be exported to the US and Australia. Another 1,800 tonnes will be exported to Japan.
Le Anh Duong, chairman of Bac Giang People’s Committee said they had built three plans to distribute the lychee. “We still have contacts with regular customers and close connection with overseas partners,” he said.
Despite difficulties caused by Covid-19, a large number of agricultural products have been exported to Yunnan, China, and the bilateral trade turnover increased by 40%.
Tran Kim Nga, PR manager of MM Mega Market Vietnam, said they had launched a discount programme from June 1 to 16 for the lychee from Bac Giang. The fruit will be displayed at prime locations to celebrate the Doan Ngo Festival or Pest Exterminating Festival. They also held a Bac Giang Lychee Week at MM Mega Market An Phu in HCM City. The events and the lychee will be promoted on social media like Facebook and Zalo.
It is expected that 500-700 tonnes of lychee will be sold along with pineapples, pumpkins and watermelon.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Vietnam to Japan Vu Hong Nam said Japan imported lychee from various countries like China, Mexico and Vietnam. Vietnamese fruit had been well received after it was sold at the Aeon supermarkets.
“Many Japanese customers gave good reviews and they also bought the lychee for their friends and families,” he said.
Statistics from Japan Customs show that in 2020 when the lychee from Vietnam was first imported into Japan, it already took 10% of the market share. It is hoped that the litchi from Vietnam will get more popular this year.
“Japanese firms may place more orders in 2021,” Nam said.
- PM exhorts Kiên Giang Province to capitalise on resources to become innovative, wealthy
- It's a tough time to be a bank, but Bank of America is finding ways to grow
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Bank of America puts investments over cost cuts as 'operating leverage' fades
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- Xinhua to expand cooperation with Vietnam News Agency
- 5 Reasons Why Warren Buffett Is Investing in Banks
- Marketing Your Way Through and Out of Tough Times
- US STOCKS-Wall Street slips as weak economic data offsets earnings strength
- S&P 500 dips as economic data, trade worries offset upbeat earnings
- US STOCKS-S&P 500 dips as economic data, trade worries offset upbeat earnings
Positive signs for Bac Giang lychee have 474 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 9, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.