In remarks at his launch ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to Tanzania Nguyen Nam Tien updated those in attendance on the COVID-19 situation in the homeland as well as policies and drastic measures introduced to respond to the pandemic.
For his part, Vietnamese Ambassador to Mexico Nguyen Hoanh Nam appreciated the valuable support from overseas Vietnamese – an indispensable part of the nation – to joint efforts in fighting COVID-19.
Meanwhile, in South Africa, Ambassador Hoang Van Loi highlighted the significance of the establishment of the vaccine fund, saying that activities to collect donations will last until June 16.
Launched on June 5, the fund has received donations from individuals and organisations at home and abroad, including Vietnamese communities in the US, Egypt, Mozambique, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Laos, Germany, Russia, and Switzerland.
Vietnam is projected to need 150 million doses of vaccine to inoculate about 75 million people at an estimated cost of 25.2 trillion VND (nearly 1.1 billion USD).
- Africa: Why Manufacturing a Key Vaccine in South Africa Is So Important
- South Africa: MEC Debbie Schäfer On Western Cape School Admissions for 2019
- Jacob Zuma: Former South Africa president faces charges of fraud, racketeering and money laundering
- South Africa: North West
- South Africa: Disappointed Blitzboks Aiming to Bounce Back
- South Africa: De Lille Asks for Lower Water Tariff Hike After Thousands of Complaints
- South Africa: In Masiphumelele's Wetlands, Everyone Dreads the Winter
- South Africa: Why South Africa's DJ Black Coffee Left a Bitter Taste By Performing in Israel
- South Africa: Dare South Africans Dream Again As They Celebrate Their 23rd Freedom Day?
- Africa: South Africa's Freedom Journey Shows 1994 Was Merely a Starting Point
- South Africa: Red Tape Is Alienating Academics From Their Own Research and Work
- South Africa: Why the Film 'Winnie' Met All the Criteria of a Good Documentary
OVs in Tanzania, Mexico, South Africa support COVID-19 vaccine fund have 284 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 13, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.