Hanoi (VNA) – A ceremony was held in Hanoi on June 10 to receive donations in cash and kind from the Steve Bui & Friends Foundation, the Phuong Long Nhien Co. Ltd., and the Cosmos Japan Creation JSC in support of Vietnam's fight against COVID-19.
The Foreign Ministry's State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs received 50 million VND (21,700 USD) for the COVID-19 vaccine fund, as well as 500 mineral spray bottles worth 100 million VND, and 5,040 alkaline ionised water bottles valued at 126 million VND to support frontline medical staff in the northern provinces of Bac Giang and Bac Ninh.
Pham Quang Hieu, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Chairman of the State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs, thanked the overseas Vietnamese companies for their important and timely contributions to the national COVID-19 vaccine fund, in response to an appeal from leaders of the Party, Government, and the Vietnam Fatherland Front.
Launched on June 5, the fund has received donations from individuals and organisations at home and abroad, including Vietnamese communities in the US, Egypt, Mozambique, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Laos, Germany, Russia, and Switzerland.
Earlier, on May 31, Steve Bui, Chairman of the financial consulting and investment group based in Japan and Chairman of the Steve Bui & Friends Foundation, presented nearly 1,000 mineral spray bottles and 9,000 N95 masks worth around 300 million VND to medical staff in Bac Giang and Bac Ninh, according to the committee./.
- Gifts presented to Overseas Vietnamese in Cambodia
- Vietnamese doctors succeed in first transplant of two lungs
- U.S. service members killed overseas donate organs to Europeans
- Warren Raises $19.1M, Tops Sanders During Second Quarter
- Lose Weight And Fight National Hunger? Yeah, There's An App For That
- Sony fights against PS2 mod chips
- 5 ways you can help fight child hunger
- Youth project donates gifts to Queen Elizabeth Hospital patients
- Devastated mom hears son's donated heart beating inside teddy bear
- How one state is fighting food waste
- To fight sexual abuse, wrestler Mick Foley learns the computer
- Placer County family fights measles infection while Calaveras County says it ‘dodged a bullet’
Overseas Vietnamese present donations to COVID-19 fight have 351 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.