Accordingly, the bank’s charter capital will reach VND13.698 trillion($595.57 million).
At its recent annual shareholders’ meeting, OCB was also approved to offer five million shares under the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) at the price of VND10,000 (43.5 US cents) per share. These shares are also restricted from being transferred within four years from the issuance date.
The bank also plans to offer 70 million shares to domestic and foreign investors. In case foreign investors show interest in purchasing OCB's shares issued privately, the bank will lift its the foreign ownership limit (FOL) to a maximum of 30 per cent.
With nearly $119.1 million of additional capital, the bank would capitalise on around VND2.6 trillion ($113 million) to supplement its businesses and boost investment activities.
Last year, Japan's Aozora Bank acquired a 15 per cent stake in OCB in a deal worth $139 million. This was the first M&A deal by Aozora in a foreign market since 2001 and made Aozora OCB's largest shareholder.
The agreement was also rated by VIR as one of the top M&A deals in 2019-2020.
In May, OCB has been rated to have a "positive outlook" by international ratings agency Moody’s thanks to its solid financial foundation, good capital adequacy ratio, and higher profitability than the banking industry average.
By Luu Huong
- Domestic banks take cautious FOL approach
- In the rush for capital hike
- HDBank to pay 2nd dividend for 2019 in shares, increase capital to $693.7 million
- Lenders utilise varied approach in FOL adjustments
- United Airlines begins FIRST chartered flights to move Pfizer COVID vaccine as FAA approves plan to fly it in dry ice at minus 70 degrees and US prepares for mass inoculation program
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Capital One - Pfizer, BioNTech apply for vaccine authorization
- 'There won't be a tax grab': Rishi Sunak vows to carry on spending and will wait for the 'fog' of coronavirus pandemic to lift before he starts to make savings
- Connected Fitness Start Up Vitruvian Raises USD$2.5 Million Capital Seed Round Investment
- Australian Connected Fitness Start Up Vitruvian Raises USD$2.5 Million Capital Seed Round Investment
- Vietnam, Cuba agree to lift bilateral trade to $500mn by 2022
- Capitalize on policy links to deliver Biden's economic agenda
- Brace up for more fuel price increases — Buhari
OCB to increase charter capital and potentially lift FOL have 371 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.