Addressing the event, Lieutenant General Vu Chien Thang, Director of the MND's Foreign Relations Department, highlighted that amid the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic in both countries, the Vietnamese MND presented medical supplies to the Lao Defense Ministry to help the Lao people and armed forces in the fight against the disease.
The support demonstrated the special solidarity between Vietnam and Laos.
According to General Thang, the Vietnamese side would like to join hands with Laos to combat the pandemic, contributing to bringing people’s lives back to normal and developing the economy.
For his part, the Lao ambassador to Vietnam Sengphet Houngboungnuang emphasized that since the pandemic broke out in Laos, the Vietnamese MND has wholeheartedly assisted the Lao armed forces in the fight against COVID-19 by sending experts and supporting medical equipment and supplies.
These activities have made contributions to the COVID-19 prevention and control efforts in Laos while further promoting the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between the two Parties, States, peoples, and militaries, the Lao diplomat added.
The Lao ambassador also took this occasion to express his sincere thanks to the Vietnamese side, affirming that the support would help them effectively prevent and control the pandemic in Laos.
During the ceremony, on behalf of the Vietnamese MND leaders, General Thang presented part of the anti-COVID-19 medical supply aid to Ambassador Sengphet Houngboungnuang.
The MND's Foreign Relations Department will hand over the medical supplies to the Lao armed forces at the Lao Bao International Border Post in Lao Cai province on June 20.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Show your support for the armed forces
- Family fun for Armed Forces Day celebrations in Bury St Edmunds
- Military themed activities in Bury St Edmunds for Armed Forces Day celebrations
- All the things armed forces personnel can get free this weekend
- Salute heroic troops at Armed Forces Day March
- The roads closed in Plymouth because of Armed Forces Day
- Get dressed for Armed Forces Day in Lochgilphead
- Armed Forces Week: Displays, parades and a Dakota flyover in line up
- Hundreds gather to celebrate the Armed Forces in Staffordshire
- Armed Forces Day 2018
- Armed Forces opening ceremony held at Civic Centre
- New homes open for Armed Forces veterans who made sacrifices
More medical supplies presented to Lao armed forces have 365 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.