Watch our documentary to make the anniversary of the deaths of the 39 Vietnamese migrants found in a lorry in Essex, in the UK.
MILAN — Police in Italy have arrested a 27-year-old man in connection with the deaths of 39 Vietnamese citizens found in the back of a lorry container.
An international arrest warrant was executed on June 10th and the man, named by police as Dragos Damian, was taken into custody just outside Milan.
He has since been charged with conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration and encouraging or assisting the commission of an offence.
The arrest is in relation to the deaths of the Vietnamese who were discovered in a lorry trailer in Grays, Essex in the United Kingdom in October 2019.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "The Crown Prosecution Service sought approval of the warrant on behalf of Essex Police.
"Courts then granted the warrant, and Dragos Damian was able to be arrested. We await details of a court appearance in Italy."
In January this year, seven men were jailed for a total of 92 years in connection with the deaths of the 39. Four of those were found guilty of manslaughter. — VNS
- N.H. man arrested in death of 23-month-old
- Man arrested over death of Renee MacRae and three-year-old son Andrew who disappeared in 1976
- Man arrested over death of Margaret Robertson in Aberdeen
- Man arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving after tractor leaves road in Co Down
- Man arrested after fatal stabbing at pub
- Man arrested over murder of Alesha MacPhail on Isle of Bute
- Jail let mentally disabled man starve to death, lawsuit says
- Man arrested in connection with Cork pensioner's death released without charge
- Man arrested after planning 'hostile act' against US Embassy in Cairo
- Florida man arrested in plot to get rich by bombing Target stores
- Man stabbed to death 'in front of crowd' in pub after watching World Cup match
- Man arrested in 2017 traffic accident that killed Muncie bicyclist
Man arrested in Italy over deaths of 39 Vietnamese citizens have 337 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.