List of 499 deputies elected to 15th NA announced
The Saigon Times
|Standing Vice Chairman of the NA and Standing Vice Chairman of the National Election Council Tran Thanh Man speaks at the press conference – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The National Election Council announced a list of 499 candidates elected to the 15th National Assembly (NA) at a press conference on June 10, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
Addressing the event, Politburo member, Standing Vice Chairman of the NA and Standing Vice Chairman of the National Election Council Tran Thanh Man, said the election of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and People's Councils at all levels for the 2021-2026 tenure was a great success. It was held transparently, fairly, safely and lawfully and all activities complied with regulations on Covid-19 infection prevention and control.
The voter turnout rate was recorded at 99.57%, or 68.7 million out of a total of 69 million voters, higher than the rate recorded in the previous election, which was over 98%.
On behalf of the National Election Council, NA Secretary General and Chief of the National Election Council Office Bui Van Cuong announced Resolution No. 748 dated June 10, 2021, on the outcome of the election.
Cuong said in the election on May 23, voters nationwide elected 500 deputies to the 15th NA. However, after considering the eligibility of deputies in line with the law, the National Election Council decided not to confirm the eligibility of one elected candidate from the southern province of Binh Duong.
In the list of elected deputies, 194 were nominated from central agencies, 301 from provinces and cities and four independent.
According to Cuong, the rate of full-time NA deputies in this term reached a record high of 38.6%. The rates of young, ethnic minority and re-elected deputies also met or surpassed targets. The rate of female deputies amounted to over 30%, the highest rate since the sixth NA tenure.
Besides NA deputies, 3,721 deputies were elected to the provincial People's Committees, 22,459 to the district-level People's Councils and 239,752 to the commune-level People's Councils.
Complaints about the results can be sent to the National Election Council and Election Committees of all levels and will be resolved in 30 days.
The National Election Council will hold a meeting to discuss the results of any claim settlement over the election and pass a resolution on the eligibility of deputies for the 15th NA on July 12.
To see the list of 499 deputies elected to the 15th NA, click here .
- PTI workers ask Imran to reconsider contesting election from NA-53
- Georgia’s WIN List Endorsements Reach Unprecedented Number of 35 Women Candidates for November Election
- Saad Rafique to contest against Imran from NA-131
- Maryam Nawaz withdraws from NA-125
- By-election Results 2018 LIVE: Shiv Sena cries foul, seeks re-count at Palghar
- By-election Results 2018: Worries for BJP as regional parties come out with flying colours
- Karnataka Cabinet: Full list of JD(S) portfolios
- Karnataka Cabinet: Full list of Congress portfolios
- Turkey Elections 2018: All the latest updates
- Elections 2018: Now you see them, now you don’t
- Full list of Karnataka ministers and their portfolios
- Erdogan’s election rivals struggle to be heard in Turkey’s media
List of 499 deputies elected to 15th NA announced have 508 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.