Vientiane (VNA) – All people entering Laos, even those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, still have to follow preventive measures and quarantine for 14 days, announced the country's Ministry of Health.
Director General of the Department of Hygiene and Health Promotion under the Lao Ministry of Health , Phonepaseuth Ounaphom, said that as the World Health Organisation (WHO) has not given any recommendations on reducing quarantine time, the country will continue to apply WHO's current guidelines.
It means that Laos has not considered the implementation of the "vaccine passport".
Meanwhile, people having received two COVID-19 vaccine shots in the country for at least one month are allowed to travel from Vientiane capital to other localities without a two-week quarantine.
According to the Health Ministry, Laos reported 13 new COVID-19 cases on June 18, including seven domestic ones detected in the capital city.
The national count reached 2,047, with three fatalities./.
- 909 new coronavirus COVID-19 infections, 34 deaths in past 24 hrs; total cases in India rise to 8,356: Health Ministry
- Coronavirus | No evidence of community transmission, says Health Ministry
- ‘Rope in ENT specialists, resident docs to fight Covid-19’: Health Ministry
- Coronavirus | 170 districts identified as hotspots, says Health Ministry
- Coronavirus: India well-prepared to handle surge in covid cases, says health ministry
- Laos records one more COVID-19 case
- Health min recommends anti-malarial drug for COVID-19
- Vietnamese, Lao health officials discuss ways to fight COVID-19
- Vietnamese companies assist Laos’ efforts in COVID-19 fight
- COVID-19: Immunity Boosting Tips For Indians By Ministry Of AYUSH
- India reacted to Covid-19 well in time: Harsh Vardhan, Union health minister
- Russia ready to start testing coronavirus vaccines on humans in June
Laos has yet to apply “vaccine passport”: Health Ministry have 278 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.