Internet traffic slow as undersea cables broken
The Saigon Times
|An engineer checks problems on an undersea Internet cable – PHOTO: DAIDOANKET.VN|
HCMC – The speed of Internet traffic in Vietnam will not completely return to normal until mid-July when undersea cable disruptions are completely resolved, some Internet service providers said.
The Internet connection in the country has slowed down significantly after two international undersea Internet cables – the Asia Pacific Gateway (APG) and the Asia Africa Europe (AAE-1) cables – encountered problems in mid-May.
Many Internet users have reported slow speed at certain times and some said they had trouble accessing international websites such as Facebook and Google.
Repairs of the APG cable are expected to be completed today, June 11.
However, the maintenance of the AAE-1 cable will not begin until June 22. The management unit of AAE-1 said the disruptions might have been caused by an optic fiber breakage of one of the cable’s segments.
An Internet service provider said if things go according to plan, the cable will be fixed no sooner than July 13.
Internet service providers have re-routed Internet traffic to other cables to minimize the impact of the disruptions.
The APG cable is 10,400 kilometers long, running under the Pacific Ocean. It links Japan with Hong Kong, mainland China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The AAE-1 submarine communications cable system is 25,000 kilometers long, running from Southeast Asia to Europe through Egypt.
- Internet at snail's pace as cable disruption strikes again
- Bandwidth explosion: As Internet use soars, can bottlenecks be averted?
- The ultimate guide to boosting Wi-Fi: 24 ways to improve your internet speed
- A double-edged sword: hopes and fears for children as fast internet reaches Pacific
- Comcast Plans 2021 Internet And TV Fee Hikes, Expansion Of Data Cap
- Researchers warn of internet security risks connected to Tesla Backup Gateway
- Countries with the fastest internet speeds revealed:
- Google works on Internet standards with TCP proposals, SPDY standardization
- The Clean Network: All about US initiative to purge Chinese tech companies from 5G network
- FCC Faces 'Tsunami of Resistance' to Net Neutrality Plans
- The 3 fastest VPNs we've tested: NordVPN, ExpressVPN and Surfshark compared
- Best SEO tools of 2020: free and paid search engine optimization services
Internet traffic slow as undersea cables broken have 354 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.