|Minister of Finance Sri Mulyani Indrawati. (Photo: Instagram @smindrawati)|
Jakatar – Indonesia needs funding of 247 billion USD or approximately 3.461 trillion rupiah to meet its climate-change commitments under the Paris Agreement for the 2018-2030 period, according to the country's Second Biennial Update Report 2018.
At a webinar on climate change challenge held on June 11, Minister of Finance Sri Mulyani Indrawati said that the nation will need at least 266.2 trillion rupiah per year.
According to the updated report, the sum allocated to Indonesia’s climate change programme accounts for 4.1 percent of the annual state budget, equivalent to about 86.7 trillion rupiah. Therefore, the government is making efforts to mobilise all public and private sectors to participate in realising their commitments to climate change response via waste management and the promotion of energy saving habits.
Indrawati emphasised the serious commitment of the government to slowing climate change through the implementation of an awareness raising and community education programme in 11 localities across the country. This year, the government plans to expand the programme to six other localities.
Indonesia has submitted its commitment to the agreement through Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 29 percent with their own efforts and up to 41 percent with international support for 2020 – 2030.
- Understanding China's climate change goals
- Half of technology needed to reach key 2050 climate change target not yet available
- S.F. embraces aggressive new climate change goals as drought, heat and wildfires engulf California
- Jeff Bezos, the World's Richest Man, Pledges $10 Billion to Fight Climate Change
- Executives Call for Deep Emission Cuts to Combat Climate Change
- Climate Change Could Cut World Economy by $23 Trillion in 2050, Insurance Giant Warns
- ‘Yellow Vest’ Protests Shake France. Here’s the Lesson for Climate Change.
- Joe Manchin says he's 'very, very' disturbed about reconciliation proposals on climate change
- Bill Gates issues stark warning about climate change - 'Could have greater death toll'
- Climate Change Drove Western Heat Wave’s Extreme Records, Analysis Finds
- Vietnam, UN, WB organize dialogue to discuss sustainable food systems amid poverty, climate change challenges
- Around 410M people on the world's coasts will be at risk of rising sea levels by 2100 due to climate change, says new report
Indonesia needs 247 billion USD to achieve climate change goals have 351 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.