The Ministry of Health has decided to establish a standing division for COVID-19 prevention and control in Ho Chi Minh City, which is headed by its Deputy Minister Nguyen Truong Son.
Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son (first from right) and leaders of the Ho Chi Minh City Hospital for Tropical Diseases. (Photo: VNA)
According to the decision, Son is assisted by three deputy heads from local medical establishments, namely Director of Cho Ray Hospital Nguyen Tri Thuc; Director of Ho Chi Minh City Pasteur Institute Phan Trong Lan; and Director of HCM City Institute of Public Health Dang Van Chinh.
The division aims to support professional activities in monitoring and responding to the epidemic; patient treatment; testing; quarantine; and communications work in the city and relevant neighbouring localities.
It also inspects and assists the city’s implementation of COVID-19 prevention and control measures in line with the directions of the Party Secretariat, the Government, the Prime Minister, and the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, as well as professional guidance of the Ministry of Health.
The ministry requested the municipal Department of Health to direct relevant agencies and district-level authorities to closely coordinate with the unit and follow its professional recommendations.
HCM City: Nearly 2.3 trillion VND registered to fund COVID-19 vaccine procurement
The Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of Ho Chi Minh City said 105 organisations, businesses, and individuals have to date pledged to contribute 2,293 billion VND (100 million USD) to support the city's purchase of COVID-19 vaccines.
By June 14 afternoon, the committee had received over 211 billion VND for the purpose.
Since March 20, a municipal board for the mobilisation and distribution of the city's COVID-19 prevention and control fund has received more than 297 billion VND worth of donations from organisations, firms, and individuals in Vietnam and overseas.
The board has distributed over 200 billion VND of the sum, including cash and kind, to forces directly involving in COVID-19 prevention and control in hospitals, medical centres, quarantine sites, border areas. The financial assistance has also reached needy people affected by the pandemic./.
- New Vietnamese ambassadors hoped to help with HCM City’s development
- Long Beach City Council set to consider suicide prevention strategies
- City Recommends Teaching 'All Genders' Can Start Periods in Sex-Ed Equality Campaign
- Alex Monteiro brings a lifetime of giving back to the Hawthorne City Council
- Disabled People With Chronic Health Issues Face A World Of Inaccessibility
- Merck foundation launched their programs in partnership with Ghana’s First Lady and Ministry of Health
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- The Mayor's State of the City Speech, Annotated
- Ten threats to global health in 2019
- U.S. health-care worker with possible exposure to Ebola evacuated to Nebraska
- California attorney general approves merger of Dignity, CHI but sets conditions
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General academic program trains spiritual caregivers to work in hospitals, other health-care institutions
Health Ministry sets up standing COVID-19-prevention unit in HCM City have 480 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.