HCMC rolls out large-scale vaccination campaign today
By Minh Duy
|A worker of FPT Software at Saigon Hi-Tech Park in Thu Duc City gets a shot of Covid-19 vaccine – PHOTO: D.T|
HCMC – HCMC this morning, June 19, started a large-scale Covid-19 vaccination campaign at Saigon Hi-tech Park in Thu Duc City, with some 1,000 doses to be administered to workers at FPT Software and Nipro2 today.
Speaking at the vaccination kickoff ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh said that HCMC is a key city in Vietnam, playing an important economic and political role in the country.
However, the city is currently one of the largest coronavirus hotspots in the latest wave of Covid-19, so as soon as receiving some one million doses from Japan, the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control decided to allocate 836,000 doses to the city, he added.
Deputy PM Binh said that as these doses only met part of the city's need, they would be given to the priority groups in line with the Government's Resolution 21 and those at high risk of infection, including employees at the export processing zones or industrial parks.
|Employees stand in line for Covid-19 vaccination – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
The deputy prime minister also called on residents to continue following Covid-19 safety protocols, saying that despite getting vaccinated, competent forces and residents should continue to be watchful.
The HCMC Center for Disease Control said that during this inoculation campaign, which is set to end on June 27, the city has as many as 836,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine, with 50,000 doses for police officers and soldiers.
|A medical worker introduce the vaccine to a worker before he gets a shot – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
As planned, the city will focus the vaccination on the groups at high risk of Covid-19 infection and those working at key agencies, targeting to inoculate 95% of them.
Besides, the city is planning to vaccinate all teachers and employees active in the education sector. The HCMC Department of Education and Training this morning made a list of teachers and staff in the sector for the vaccination.
|A male worker gets vaccinated against Covid-19 – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
The city will run a number of vaccination sites at healthcare centers and many other mobile stations, said the municipal center.
As many as 650 teams from eligible health units, including the Southern Military Center for Preventive Medicine, the Army Medical Department, State-run hospitals and private hospitals among others, have been set up to serve the large-scale vaccination campaign.
|A medical worker draws a dose from a vial of Covid-19 vaccine – PHOTO: D.T|
As of this afternoon, HCMC had reported 1,450 locally-infected Covid-19 cases during the current fourth wave of the coronavirus, which began on April 27.
- 'This is war': Doctor leading search for coronavirus vaccine says it's the most frightening disease he's ever encountered as second British victim is confirmed and number of UK cases rises to 163
- Coronavirus explained: What you need to know about getting sick, treatment and future vaccines
- Get PAID to have coronavirus: Scientists in London will pay volunteers £3,500 to be infected in experiments to develop a vaccine for the deadly virus
- Australian scientists claim they've ALREADY developed a vaccine for coronavirus - but they can't roll it out to people just yet
- Why will it take so long to make a coronavirus vaccine that can prevent COVID-19?
- 'People started to roll in like a wave': American tourists desperate to flee Europe descend on Barcelona airport amid chaos and confusion over Trump's travel ban
- Boris Johnson urges Brits to brace for months of ‘substantial disruption’ as he pumps £46m into coronavirus vaccine
- Campaign 2020 Slowly Adjusting to Coronavirus, The Newest Biohazard of the Trade
- Biden rolls to projected wins in Mississippi and Missouri
- Lord Hall says BBC could scale back services while Twitter orders all staff to work from home as coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everyday life
- The 10 Worst Presidential-Nomination Campaigns in Living Memory
- Sanders: Coronavirus crisis 'is on the scale of a major war'
HCMC rolls out large-scale vaccination campaign today have 658 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.