HCMC expects to finish injecting 804,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses in five days
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker is injected with the Covid-19 vaccine in HCMC – PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH|
HCMC – HCMC is trying its best to give 804,000 doses of the Covid-19 vaccines to its residents within five days, the city's vice chairman Duong Anh Duc said at a meeting this afternoon, June 21.
According to Duc, who is also vice head of the HCMC committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, the city received 836,000 doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine donated by Japan late last week.
Among them, 30,000 doses have been handed over to the Ministry of National Defense and 20,000 others to the public security force to vaccinate soldiers and the city police. The local authorities are responsible for delivering the remaining 804,000 doses to the citizens.
The city launched its largest-ever vaccination campaign on June 19 and began mass vaccination this afternoon. It plans to finish injecting 804,000 doses in five days.
To prevent disruptions in the supply chain, workers at industrial parks, export processing zones and hi-tech parks will be given priority for vaccination.
According to Nguyen Hoai Nam, deputy director of the HCMC Department of Health, this vaccination campaign, together with other vaccination programs that had been implemented previously, will help the city vaccinate 6% of its population with two Covid-19 vaccine shots.
Regarding the vaccine supply, Nam said the city will receive more vaccines allocated by the Government in the coming time. It is also negotiating with foreign vaccine manufacturers to secure more Covid-19 vaccines for the people.
The HCMC Center for Disease Control said the city is trying to enhance its testing capacity to perform 500,000 Covid-19 tests a day.
Up to now HCMC has reported 1,714 domestic Covid-19 cases in the fourth Covid-19 wave beginning on April 27. The city is treating more than 1,500 Covid-19 patients.
- What is Ebola, has there been an outbreak in 2018 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and is there a vaccine?
- Vaccination drive sees 86% drop in cervical cancer-linked viruses
- FIFA 19 Preview: EA Sports new game adds Champions League and a touch of Gears of War
- Tour de France: Geraint Thomas edges closer to victory after second-place on stage 19
- Royal wedding schedule – what time will it start on May 19, what is the Windsor procession route and when does the service begin?
- What time is the royal wedding on Saturday May 19 and when does the ceremony start? Meghan and Harry’s timetable
- What time will the royal wedding start on May 19, when does the service start and what route will the Windsor procession follow?
- Farnham Triathlon Club have 300 'iron' finishers
- The Waugh Zone Thursday July 19, 2018
- Just hours to shop Amazon Prime Day and theses are the deals worth snapping up
- 'Painless' flu vaccine skin patch shows promise
- What are measles, do the symptoms include a rash, can you catch it twice and can you get the disease if you’ve had the MMR vaccine?
HCMC expects to finish injecting 804,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses in five days have 482 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.