HCM CITY — The 10th grade entrance examination has been postponed again in HCM City after the social distancing period was extended by 10 more days.
It was originally scheduled on June 2-3, but the Department of Education and Training first decided to put it off until June 21-22 when the city announced a partial lockdown for two weeks on May 31.
Speaking at an online meeting on June 14, Dương Trí Dũng, deputy head of the Department of Health, said there would be a further delay.
The city has 702 students living in areas that were locked down or quarantined, and six students have tested positive for COVID-19.
Seven teachers are also patients and 133 others came into direct contact with patients, and are dubbed F1, and 387 others came into contact with F1 people.
Enrolment in kindergartens, 1st, 6th grades
Last week Thủ Đức city and districts in the city announced schedules for accepting applications for admission to public kindergartens and first and sixth grades.
Kindergartens in District 5, for instance, will take them between July 1 and 9 and publish the list of successful candidates on July 20. For first and six grades the dates are July 1-16 and July 31.
In District 6, the People's Committee in its wards will send admission forms to parents of first graders from June 18 to 25, and applications for sixth grade admissions will be accepted from now until July 13.
The District 7 People's Committee has instructed its wards not to accept applications from students living outside the district and underage children. All first and six graders in the district will study in two shifts daily under the new education programme.
In 2021-22 Tân Phú District will have seven primary schools where students will study in two shifts because of their large numbers.
In District 8, the People's Committee has said first and sixth graders will study in shifts. Parents can scan a QR code using a mobile app to register after receiving admission forms from schools. VNS
- COVID-19 impact | Bajaj's all-electric scooter Chetak riding slow amid lockdown woes
- Bihar Board Class 10th Result 2020 at biharboard.ac.in and biharboardonline.bihar.gov.in; BSEB to ensure error-free result
- COVID-19: Here are the highlights of May 21
- India Lockdown 4.0: COVID-19 India Blueprint, more states allow flights with conditions
- India has done well in dealing with COVID-19 pandemic: Harsh Vardhan
- Hong Kong stocks plunge after China proposes national security law to 'protect' the city's freedom as local politicians brawl in parliament over fears that Beijing could 'take full control'
- COVID-19: Here are the highlights of May 19
- Coronavirus live updates: COVID-19 hospitalizations continue Bay Area slide, fewest since April 1
- India took all necessary steps well in time to combat Covid-19 pandemic: Health Minister Harsh Vardhan
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Mnuchin: More COVID-19 congressional action ahead
- 'You will have to make up your own minds': Boris Johnson stands by Dominic Cummings explanation that he was just 'doing the best for his family' when he drove 260 miles with covid symptoms to get childcare for his son, 4, at his parents' farm
- Beijing accuses America of 'inciting countries to demand compensation from China' for coronavirus after hitting Australia with huge tariffs as payback for Covid-19 inquiry calls
HCM City delays 10th grade entrance examination again amid COVID woes have 559 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.