PANO – A grand procession to revive the enthronement of King Le Thai To was held on May 24th at Nam Huong Communal House, No 16, Le Thai To street, Hanoi.
Former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu, Member of the Politburo and Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Pham Quang Nghi and other senior officials were present at the Communal House to pay tribute and incense to Le Thai To King. It was also participated by descendants of the Le, local people and visitors from localities.
The procession, which was to celebrate the 585th anniversary of the national victory over the Ming dynasty’s invasion, consisted of numerous traditional rites, and cultural, artistic and religious activities in Hoan Kiem district.
The festive event was to commemorate national hero Le Loi, who defeated northern invaders and gained national independence. He then took the throne, beginning the Le dynasty, which obtained many outstanding cultural, social, economic and diplomatic achievements in the national feudal history.
Translated by Thu Nguyen
- Harry Redknapp says he aims to buy his own football team like David Beckham
- Waitrose slashes up to 25% off selected wines – here’s whats on offer
- Thai protesters call for end of monarchy on king's birthday
- Hanoi’s Da Nang returnees live with increasing dread of Covid-19
- Thai Vietjet inaugurates Bangkok - Khon Kaen flight
- Royal Thai Embassy hosts blood donation to help Vietnamese patients
- Thanh Chuong Mansion: Artistic architecture work in Hanoi
- Businesses endeavour to retain employees
- Sports Shorts: Wilder draws with Fury to retain WBC heavyweight title
- Vietnam records 28 new Covid-19 cases, most linked to Da Nang
- Top central Vietnam attractions empty out due to fresh coronavirus threat
- Back to business! Prince William resumes public duties with a socially distanced visit to the King's Lynn Ambulance Station where he thanked staff for their hard work during the pandemic
Hanoi celebrates King Le Thai To's enthronement have 295 words, post on at May 25, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.