HÀ NỘI — Hà Nội health authorities on Thursday said arrivals from HCM City would undergo COVID-19 screening tests for 4-5 days due to the severity of the outbreak in the southern city.
Hà Nội Centre for Disease Control, in co-ordination with the medical centre of Sóc Sơn District (where Nội Bài International Airport is based), will randomly take samples from a total of 400 passengers on flights from Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport landing in Hà Nội to be tested using the rapid diagnostic method.
The selected passengers would need to remain at Nội Bài airport for 20 minutes for the test results to be returned.
If the results return positive, they would need to be tested for COVID-19 using the confirmatory RT-PCR method and be moved to an isolation ward in Nội Bài to await the final results.
Hà Nội CDC said it started by randomly testing 97 passengers on two flights from HCM City, and all returned negative results.
The screening period will run for 4-5 days.
HCM City since late May has recorded 1,100 locally acquired COVID-19 infections, making it the third biggest hotspot in the country during the fourth wave, following Bắc Giang and Bắc Ninh provinces in the north.
Hà Nội’s COVID-19 situation seems to have calmed, with only one or two cases logged in the past few days. — VNS
- Deputy PM emphasises serious social distancing practice to stop COVID-19 spread in HCM City
- Doctors go the extra mile for COVID-19 patients in HCM City
- Deputy PM emphasizes serious social distancing practice to stop COVID-19 spread in HCM City
- Hanoi to conduct Covid-19 tests for all returnees from HCM City
- Number of cases rises due to extensive testing in HCM City’s high-risk areas
- VPBank provides five mobile COVID-19 testing container trucks
- Toowoomba records COVID-19 case amid fears city's vaccine rollout could stall
- Bengaluru civic body staff ‘thrash’ teenager to undergo Covid-19 test
- Hanoi airport offers COVID-19 testing service to passengers
- Flyers from/to HCM City must provide negative Covid-19 test result: CAAV
- HCMC sets up mobile teams for Covid-19 testing at home
- First doses of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines arrive in Vietnam
Hà Nội carrying out random COVID-19 testing of arrivals from HCM City have 390 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.