HÀ GIANG — The beauty of the terraced rice fields in the northern mountainous province of Hà Giang’s Hoàng Su Phì District will be highlighted at a culture and tourism week in September, according to a report from the provincial People's Committee.
The event, the sixth of its kind, is scheduled to take place from September 4-30 in the province and will feature a cultural festival of local Mông ethnic people and off-road races in Vinh Quang township, along with a paragliding contest over the fields.
It will also feature a market in the mountainous regions and introduce products and socio-economic achievements of the local people at an exhibition.
The week aims to develop and promote values of the national heritage site of the terraced paddy fields and is viewed as a typical cultural event of Hà Giang and a draw for tourists.
Local authorities will keep a close watch on COVID-19 developments to decide on a suitable schedule and organisation of the event in a bid to ensure safety.
Located in the northern mountainous region, Hoàng Su Phì District is known for picturesque terraced fields spanning across six communes of Bản Luốc, Sán Sả Hồ, Bản Phùng, Hồ Thầu, Nậm Ty and Thông Nguyên.
The 3,000 hectares of terraces are said to be around 300 years old; the fruit of non-stop, creative labour by the Mông, La Chí, Dao and Nùng ethnic minority groups.
The magnificent terraced fields, one of the most beautiful landscapes in the whole country, were recognised as a national heritage site in September 2012.
The district is a popular destination for both domestic and foreign tourists who come to enjoy the breathtaking views of the mountain areas and the unique culture of the local people.
In each season, Hoàng Su Phì attracts tourists with a different landscape. In May, the beginning of the rainy season, farmers plow and flood terrace fields with their irrigation systems.
During this period their fields looks like curved mirrors. As the rice grows, their fields are awash with various shades of green.
Between September and October is the most beautiful time for photographers to take pictures. Rice terrace fields are brightly coloured in harvest season creating a breathtaking scene that attracts tourists to Hà Giang Province every autumn. — VNS
- Cultural awareness has greatly improved but still insufficient: Deputy PM
- Cultural Heritage: Ancient book, discovery of prehistoric humans
- Seven historic sites, attractions earn national special relic status
- “Bui Xuan Phai: For Love of Hanoi” Awards:Hanoi in continuous movement
- Walking among the flowers on Khai Trung plain
- How Vietnam’s ethnic minorities celebrate Lunar New Year
- Epizode offers a party with a conscience
- Runner Oanh voted Vietnam’s top athlete
- Runner Oanh voted Việt Nam’s top athlete
- The alternative 2019 sports awards: quotes, gaffes and animal cameos
- Big plans in works for Mekong Delta future
Hà Giang Culture and Tourism Week to honour Hoàng Su Phì terraced fields have 519 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.