France is to provide support to Vietnam in its efforts to secure much needed COVID-19 vaccines, French Prime Minister Jean Castex told his Vietnamese counterpart Pham Minh Chinh in a phone call on Monday.
|Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh in a phone call on Monday with his French counterpart Jean Castex. VNA/VNS Photo Duong Giang|
The two leaders said both countries value the France-Vietnam strategic partnership and reiterated their commitment to further develop relations. The French PM said Vietnam is among France’s most important partners in the region and lauded the country for its success in the fight against the novel coronavirus so far.
The two leaders agreed that Vietnam and France should continue their close coordination at multilateral forums, particularly the UN, ASEM and the Francophonie while promoting ASEAN-France ties, especially now that France has become a development partner of ASEAN since 2020.
The two leaders discussed measures to further boost trade, especially exports of Vietnamese agricultural products to France and how to remove the European Council’s yellow card on Vietnamese seafood.
In regards to the East Sea (internationally known as South China Sea), the two State leaders highlighted co-operation on promoting sustainable development goals, adapting to climate change, protecting the environment, maintaining peace, security, stability and ensuring respect for international law and the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
Source: Vietnam News
- Late turnover helps Chiefs secure 20-17 win over Panthers
- Well-traveled RB Davis helps Chiefs secure win over Jaguars
- An A to Z guide of what to expect in France for Euro 2016
- Armed German police to aid France in football match security
- 2017 Tour de France: Stage 14 results and commentary
- Sports stadiums and arenas increase high-tech security tools
- Portland Trail Blazers: 5 Things That Will Help Clinch 8th Seed
- Jean Deysel helping to power Ulster in right direction
- Deysel helping to power Ulster in right direction
- 100 days to go: France frets over Euro 2016 security
- German greenhouse harvests veggies in Antarctica; Macron’s plan aims to catch France up on autism care; more in world news
- A relieved Froome heads to Paris to secure 3rd Tour title
France to help VN secure COVID-19 vaccines have 344 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.