The Hanoitimes – Vietnamese President Nguyen Minh Triet has asked FIFA President Joseph Blatter to support Vietnam’s bid to host the U20 Women’s World Cup in 2012 or 2014.
He made the proposal at his meeting in FIFA headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland on May 17.
The Vietnamese President affirmed that Vietnam will meet requirements needed to host the event.
President Triet hailed FIFA’s programmes and projects to help Vietnam develop professional football and expressed his gratitude to the FIFA President for his recent visits which he said greatly encouraged the Vietnamese Football Federation.
For his part, the FIFA President praised the Vietnamese people’s love for football and said he hope that the country’s football league develop quickly to the attention paid to it by the Vietnamese government and people.
In Zurich, President received leaders of Credit Suisse – one of the world’s leading financial service companies – and attended a Vietnam-Switzerland business forum .
President Triet thanked Blatter for his due attention to football development in Vietnam and hailed FIFA’s programmes designed to support the nation’s soccer development, especially professional football.
Blatter, who had visited Vietnam for three times, said FIFA always creates favourable conditions, both technically and financially, for national football federations of its member countries, including Vietnam , via projects such as GOAL and Vision Asia.
He said FIFA supports Vietnam’s proposal to host the U-20 Women’s World Cup in 2012, and informed FIFA’s plan to donate a large sum of money to foster football development, especially women’s football, in Vietnam.
President Blatter approved an additional US$200,000 for FIFA’s Goal Project to support Vietnamese football and confirmed that FIFA will support Vietnam in hosting the U20 Women’s World Cup in 2012.
- U.S. Beats Netherlands, Wins 4th Women’s World Cup Title
- FIFA postpones U-17 Women’s World Cup in India due to Covid-19
- 'This is how Russia could look': World Cup fans surprised by relaxed policing
- Bigger challenge lies ahead, says AIFF chief Praful Patel on getting U-17 Women’s World Cup
- 2022 World Cup: Qatar wants status quo to be maintained
- India to host U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2020
- Seen through 2018 lens, 'NAFTA World Cup' in 2026 is, well, awkward
- Fifa under pressure to rerun World Cup 2022 vote after bribery claims
- FIFA postpones U-17 Women’s World Cup in India due to COVID-19
- World Cup: Is Russia Using North Korean Slave Labor To Build Stadiums?
- World Cup Central: Gavaskar calls 1985 fielding side better than current one
- India pulls out of 2010 shooting World Cup
FIFA supports Vietnam's proposal to host Women's World Cup have 419 words, post on at May 19, 2010. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.