Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker conducts a Covid-19 test. A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 death toll to 48 as of this evening, June 1 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 fatalities to 48 as of this evening, June 1.
The resident of Lang Son Province tested positive for Covid-19 on May 7. When being admitted to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for treatment, he was diagnosed with pneumonia caused by Covid-19.
On May 23, he was suffering from serious respiratory failure and hypertension. A few days later, his condition got worse with pulmonary haemorrhage and fungal infection, so he was put on an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine.
Despite treatment efforts, he died last night, May 31 due to severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, hypovolemic shock and multiple organ failures.
This is the 13th patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27.
- Jharkhand shocker! COVID-19 claims lives of 6 members of a family in just 16 days
- With no beds in city, Pirangut sr citizen succumbs to COVID-19
- Mumbai mayor Kishori Pednekar's brother passes away due to COVID-19
- Nearly three times as many people are now dying from flu and pneumonia than coronavirus as Covid-19 deaths drop to the lowest levels in England and Wales since a fortnight before lockdown
- Two succumb to infection in Ernakulam
- Hong Kong SAR sets daily record for COVID-19 cases
- Elderly man succumbs to COVID-19 in Thrissur
- Covid-19 may have a prolonged impact on heart: Studies
- At the forefront of India’s healthcare system, ASHA workers soldier on — unprotected and poorly paid
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia June 15
- Spain 'is on the brink of being declared UNSAFE for Britons' due to growing 'second-wave' spike in coronavirus cases - potentially forcing thousands into quarantine when they come home from holiday there
- UK records 110 coronavirus victims as daily death toll continues to fall and figures show three times more people are now dying of flu and pneumonia — but cases have risen for the fifth day in a row for the first time since April
Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19 have 368 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.