Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker conducts a Covid-19 test. A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 death toll to 48 as of this evening, June 1 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 fatalities to 48 as of this evening, June 1.
The resident of Lang Son Province tested positive for Covid-19 on May 7. When being admitted to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for treatment, he was diagnosed with pneumonia caused by Covid-19.
On May 23, he was suffering from serious respiratory failure and hypertension. A few days later, his condition got worse with pulmonary haemorrhage and fungal infection, so he was put on an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine.
Despite treatment efforts, he died last night, May 31 due to severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, hypovolemic shock and multiple organ failures.
This is the 13th patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27.
- Illnesses Of The Elderly - 4 Most Common Ailments Affecting The Elderly
- Health Care Tips at Home For the Elderly
- Elder Law - Nursing Home Abuse
- The Fate of the Elderly During a Crisis
- Elder Care Law - What is Life Care Planning? Part 2
- Plastic Surgery For the Elderly
- How You Can Help the Elderly
- Nursing Beds For the Elderly - They Aren't All Alike
- Home Elder Care For Those With Caregiver's Syndrome
- Adapting Yourself To Elderly Parents - Repaying Your Caregiver In Full
- Elder Care - Introduction to Dementia, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's
- Doctor For the Elderly
Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19 have 267 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.