Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker conducts a Covid-19 test. A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 death toll to 48 as of this evening, June 1 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 fatalities to 48 as of this evening, June 1.
The resident of Lang Son Province tested positive for Covid-19 on May 7. When being admitted to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for treatment, he was diagnosed with pneumonia caused by Covid-19.
On May 23, he was suffering from serious respiratory failure and hypertension. A few days later, his condition got worse with pulmonary haemorrhage and fungal infection, so he was put on an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine.
Despite treatment efforts, he died last night, May 31 due to severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, hypovolemic shock and multiple organ failures.
This is the 13th patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27.
- Ex-nurse sent to prosecutors over suspicious death of elderly patient
- Neglected: Could review teams prevent deaths of elderly patients by Florida nursing homes?
- Women Arrested for Filming Snapchat Video in Dying Hospice Patient's Room
- Every Older Patient Has a Story. Medical Students Need to Hear It.
- Seeing the ‘Invisible Patient’
- Hip Injuries for the Elderly Actually More Likely Indoors, During Warmer Months
- Why is the diagnosis of depression in the elderly often overlooked?
- For Elderly Women With Breast Cancer, Surgery May Not Be the Best Option
- Health watchdog calls for urgent reforms to elderly care services
- Ex-nurse arrested for allegedly poisoning patient at Yokohama hospital in 2016
- 20 dengue patients admitted at SCB in Cuttack
- A Focus on the Heart for Older Patients
Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19 have 296 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.