- Deputy PM urges HCM City to tighten COVID-19 prevention measures at religious establishments
- 251 more COVID-19 patients confirmed on Tuesday
- Việt Nam hopes for more int’l support in accessing COVID-19 vaccines
- Health ministry issues colour-coded COVID-19 risk guidance for localities
- Vietnam Airlines to pilot digital health passport IATA Travel Pass
HÀ NỘI – A 76-year-old man has died of COVID-19-related complications, the 48th death recorded in Việt Nam.
The man, who lived in Hữu Lũng District in Lạng Sơn Province, had been isolated at Hữu Lũng District Medical Centre after he came into close contact with a positive patient.
He tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on May 7 and was transferred to the Đông Anh branch of the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases suffering from pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2.
His condition worsened and on May 23 he showed symptoms of respiratory failure and hypotension. Despite extensive treatment, including a blood transfusion, it was determined by medical experts there was a high-risk he might not survive.
The man died on the evening of May 31 and the cause of death has been recorded as severe pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, multi-organ failure and hemorrhagic shock. VNS
- Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, 50, dies from COVID-19 after one of his patients who later tested positive coughed on him during a lip injection
- COVID-19: Nearly a third of coronavirus patients were readmitted to hospital within 140 days, study suggests
- Buhari, Ohanaeze, Sanwo-Olu, Ikokwu, Amaechi, Afenifere, others mourn as Ndubuisi Kanu dies at 77
- UK drugs watchdog is waiting for Pfizer to send over full results on breakthrough Covid vaccine so it can be approved for December roll-out after trial shows it's safe, 95% effective and works in vulnerable older people
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 19
- Facial Paralysis After Pfizer Vaccine Is Rare Complication, Its Origin Unknown, Medic Says
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 15
- 100 Best TV Shows of All Time, According to Critics
- 'Stop shirking your responsibility': Michael Gove warns 100 potential Tory lockdown rebels to put the country's interests first as it emerges almost the entire nation is to be banned from socialising indoors until APRIL
- Fleet Foxes’ frontman Robin Pecknold reveals a brush with death inspired the band’s latest album
Elderly man dies of COVID-19 complications have 375 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.