- Deputy PM urges HCM City to tighten COVID-19 prevention measures at religious establishments
- 251 more COVID-19 patients confirmed on Tuesday
- Việt Nam hopes for more int’l support in accessing COVID-19 vaccines
- Health ministry issues colour-coded COVID-19 risk guidance for localities
- Vietnam Airlines to pilot digital health passport IATA Travel Pass
HÀ NỘI – A 76-year-old man has died of COVID-19-related complications, the 48th death recorded in Việt Nam.
The man, who lived in Hữu Lũng District in Lạng Sơn Province, had been isolated at Hữu Lũng District Medical Centre after he came into close contact with a positive patient.
He tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on May 7 and was transferred to the Đông Anh branch of the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases suffering from pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2.
His condition worsened and on May 23 he showed symptoms of respiratory failure and hypotension. Despite extensive treatment, including a blood transfusion, it was determined by medical experts there was a high-risk he might not survive.
The man died on the evening of May 31 and the cause of death has been recorded as severe pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, multi-organ failure and hemorrhagic shock. VNS
- Coronavirus updates: Santa Clara County records fifth death from COVID-19 complications
- Covid-19: Italy's death toll overtakes China’s as virus spreads
- San Francisco reports first COVID-19 death: a man in his 40s
- Coronavirus: UK COVID-19 cases rise to 1,543 - up by 171 in 24 hours
- New Canaan Coronavirus: 2nd New Canaan Man Dies From The Virus
- The NHS is working on coronavirus tracking technology that could show who has officially tested positive for COVID-19 and identify people who are most at risk of developing serious health problems from the virus
- Two elderly patients succumb to coronavirus in Singapore, first deaths since outbreak
- Coronavirus: Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in attempt to ward off COVID-19
- Coronavirus medicine: The vaccines and drugs in development to treat COVID-19
- Officials report Michigan’s 9th death attributed to COVID-19
- Terrifying new warning 150,000 Australians could DIE from coronavirus after record spike in cases - as experts fear authorities are making the SAME deadly mistake that plunged Italy into disaster
- Think only old people can die from coronavirus? Think again. Expert who led team assessing China's outbreak says NO ONE is safe from the killer virus
Elderly man dies of COVID-19 complications have 396 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.