ĐÀ NẴNG — The People’s Committee of Đà Nẵng plans to ramp up coronavirus testing to stamp out the outbreak in the city after 33 community cases were detected since last weekend after several weeks of no community infections.
The groups to be tested are workers in industrial parks and production facilities and those who directly provide services to customers.
The workers in industrial parks and production facilities will be tested every seven days according to Decision No 2787 of the Ministry of Health.
People in concentrated quarantine facilities due to close contact with COVID-19 cases will be tested within 24-72 hours before being put into the facilities.
Those providing direct services to customers will be tested periodically once a month.
The service workers to be tested include employees of accommodation establishments, resorts, tourist attractions, shopping centres, supermarkets, convenience stores, restaurants, cafeterias, passenger transport services by car and motorbike, delivery drivers, massage establishments, discos, bars, gymnastics and sports clubs, kindergartens, news agencies, collection and transportation of medical waste, fishing ports, wholesale markets and slaughterhouses.
The city will also test people working in medical facilities and pharmacies, civil servants, public employees and workers who go on business trips outside the locality, those who are working in places with many people, poor ventilation, high risk of infection such as administrative centres and reception departments in People's Committees at all levels.
On Sunday alone, the central city has tested 4,855 people. — VNS
- COVID-19: Decline in new confirmed cases encouraging — WHO
- COVID-19 | Drop in new China virus cases as toll reaches 2,345: govt
- Da Nang quarantines two persons from coronavirus-hit areas
- Saigon, Da Nang quarantine 83 from South Korean epidemic hub
- Hue, Da Nang welcome 1,200 visitors from cruise ships
- Cruise passengers enjoy Da Nang sans coronavirus jitters
- Epidemic of rumours breaks out amid COVID-19 crisis
- Silver Spirit cruise ship with nearly 200 European tourists visits Da Nang
- Da Nang hotel fined paltry sum for hiding 16 Chinese nationals
- International arrivals to Da Nang increase in January
- IFC raises trade finance limits to support firms amid COVID-19
- Fighting a virus, yet again: How controlling the Nipah outbreak helped Kerala to take on COVID-19
Đà Nẵng City ramps up COVID-19 testing following new community outbreak have 379 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.