The Health Ministry announced Friday that she died of pneumonia caused by Covid-19, complications of respiratory failure, septic shock on a patient with pulmonary tuberculosis (TB), hypertension, and diabetes.
A resident in Chau Thanh District in An Giang, she had suffered pulmonary TB and type 2 diabetes for more than 10 years.
She returned to Vietnam from Cambodia on June 2 at the Moc Bai International Border Gate in southern Tay Ninh Province and was sent to centralized quaratine camps as per Covid-19 prevention protocols.
Later she tested postive for the new coronavirus while in quarantine and was treated at a healthcare facility in Tay Ninh.
Her conditions developed worse and she had to rely on a ventilator on June 11.
She died on June 14.
Hers is the 27th death recorded in the fourth wave of Covid-19 in Vietnam, which broke out on April 27, and the nation’s 62nd coronavirus fatality.
For the ongoing wave, 9,114 infections have been recorded in 41 localities of Vietnam.
- Southern Health fined £2m over deaths
- Tuberculosis cases in Plymouth hit record high
- Dad-to-be died from cancer days before daughter was born
- Colourful former councillor Tuffy Turner has died aged 79
- At least 33 killed in animation studio arson attack
- At least 13 feared dead in animation studio fire
- Malaria is fighting back against efforts to eliminate it
- Behind the lines of Seán Ó Ríordáin: A poet’s isolation
- Class Act: Where are they now?
- Gunman scorned garlic festival on social media
- ‘We can offer you mud, mangroves and mosquitoes’
- Obituary: An Ipswich love story
Covid-19 patient with pulmonary tuberculosis dies in southern Vietnam have 246 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.