The Youth League in Ho Chi Minh City launched the 6th ‘Operation Green’ volunteer campaign on morning of June 17 in An Phu Ward of District 2, with participation of nearly 1,000 volunteer soldiers and members of Youth League units of the armed forces based in the city.
This year the campaign will run from June 17 to July 15 in HCMC, with participation of about 10,000 soldiers taking part in various activities such as persuading league members, youth and 10,000 people to register their cars or motorbikes; not violate traffic laws; plant 10,000 tree saplings; upgrade or repair 2,500km of rural roads; and make 10 temporary bridges in new agricultural areas.
Furthermore the ‘Green Campaign’ will call for funds to build houses for households under priority policies; donate 500 gifts to disadvantaged union members, youth in armed forces; and mobilize 1,000 blood donation units.
On this occasion, five houses were awarded to youth members of disadvantaged families in Cu Chi, Hoc Mon, Binh Chanh, Nha Be and Can Gio Districts, soon after which volunteer soldiers joined hands with local people to plant 5,000 tree saplings to improve the landscape along the Da Do Canal area.
Volunteer soldiers also carried out violence prevention and self-defense skills for 500 high school and secondary school students as well as the local people.
They also gave medical treatment, and distributed free medicines to 400 people; and upgraded and issued new household certificates and identity cards for 1,000 people in District 2. Youth members also persuaded the local people to register for building 25 safe passenger wharfs across rivers.
- Lancaster City Council operation gets a grip on its first four wheeled fly-tipping criminal
- Norwich City reveals fluorescent green third kit for 2018/19 season
- More than 70 churches protected against lead thieves a year after launch of new roof alarm campaign
- Saudi-Led Coalition-Backed Troops Launch Operation on Yemen's Hodeidah
- Interim train timetable ‘no better’ for Welwyn Garden City than previous one, say rail campaigners
- World Cup 2018: Burger King apologise after launching free burgers for life campaign for women impregnated by World Cup stars
- World Cup 2018: Manchester City superstar Leroy Sane left out of Germany squad by Joachim Low — and Twitter is in shock
- City Council elections: Candidates in Bowthorpe, Crome and Catton Grove say why they deserve your vote
- How to sign up to become a City of Culture volunteer for 2018
- French prosecutor opens probe into Macron campaign
- Volunteers help transform forgotten corner of Norwich park
- Campaign group urges public to have say on £400m regeneration project on former Royal Exchange site
City launches 'Operation Green 2012' volunteer campaign have 400 words, post on at June 17, 2012. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.