Hanoi (VNA) – Six million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines – half from the UK's AstraZeneca and half from the US's Pfizer – will arrive in Vietnam in the third quarter of this year, the Ministry of Health announced on June 15.
Vietnam will receive about 1 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine via the COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) Facility sometime between late June and early July, said Prof. Dang Duc Anh, Director of the National Institute of Epidemiology and Hygiene (NIHE).
The vaccine will be offered to industrial park workers and priority groups detailed in the Government's Decree 21, including frontline workers, diplomats, customs officers, teachers, among others.
Another shipment of 2 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, imported by the Ministry of Health from the UK-based pharmaceutical company through the Vietnam Vaccine JSC (VNVC), is due to arrive in the country by the end of September.
Meanwhile, Pfizer announced it will ship 3 million of coronavirus vaccine to Vietnam within the third quarter. It, however, also noted that the time of shipment and the number of doses provided to Vietnam may be subject to change.
Anh said COVAX-supplied vaccines have been distributed to 63 cities and provinces and several units of the ministries of National Defence and Public Security. More than 200,000 doses have been delivered to the pandemic-hit provinces of Bac Ninh and Bac Giang to give to industrial park workers.
Vietnam has been accelerating its COVID-19 vaccine vaccination efforts. The country targets to secure around 150 million doses this year to inoculate at least 70-80 percent of its population, in order to achieve herd immunity.
So far, the country has received nearly 2.9 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from four shipments./.
- Flights carrying roughly 300 coronavirus evacuees scheduled to arrive in US, 31,400 infected globally
- Final two planes out of Wuhan have landed in California and Texas today as one evacuee on each has symptoms of the deadly coronavirus, now confirmed in 12 Americans as the US says it's willing to spend another $100 million on the outbreak
- 'How are we supposed to get home?': Fury as Foreign Office warns ALL 30,000 Brits in China to LEAVE as death toll hits 427 - but tells them 'find your own way back' and stops repatriation flights
- Coronavirus: China admits 'deficiencies' in response to virus— live updates
- Coronavirus: WHO urges countries to step-up data sharing as virus spreads — live updates
- Coronavirus: WHO urges countries to step-up data sharing as virus spreads — as it developed
- Hundreds of pigs die in Bali as new African swine fever outbreak reported in the Philippines
- UK government will 'FORCIBLY quarantine' anyone suspected of having coronavirus after an 'Arrowe Park patient threatened to BREAK OUT' - while Britain faces 'serious and imminent' threat as total infected DOUBLES to eight
- Coronavirus outbreak: impacts on Vietnamese tourism industry
- Coronavirus infections near 30K, flight diverted to Los Angeles for virus screening
- Newborn becomes youngest person diagnosed with coronavirus as infections near 30K
- A coronavirus outbreak could be devastating for poorer countries
Additional 6 million doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer vaccines to arrive Vietnam in Q3 have 518 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.