HÀ NỘI — A 71-year-old woman with a range of underlying health issues from the southern province of An Giang has become Việt Nam's 62nd COVID-19 related death.
The treatment subcommittee of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on Friday announced the passing of COVID-19 patient No 8,217 in Châu Thành District, An Giang Province.
The woman had contracted pneumonia, suffered from high blood pressure and had been a type 2 diabetic for more than 10 years.
On June 2, the woman returned from Cambodia to Việt Nam together with her daughter and grandchild via the Mộc Bài International Border Gate in the southern province of Tây Ninh, where they were all quarantined on arrival.
After testing positive for the coronavirus two days later, she was hospitalised at Bến Cầu medical centre in a state of exhaustion and with chest pain.
Her diagnosis was pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome associated with COVID-19.
On June 11, the patient was put on mechanical ventilation and received intensive care, however, due to the rapid progression of the infection, worsening respiratory failure and underlying chronic health problems, she did not respond well to treatment and died on June 14.
This marks the first COVID-19 related death in Tây Ninh Province since the pandemic began, and the 27th COVID-19 related death during the country's fourth wave of infections since late April.
As of noon Friday, Việt Nam has documented 10,755 domestic and 1,669 imported infections. The number of cases in the fourth wave is 9,185. — VNS
- Hanoi woman charged with involuntary manslaughter in death of boy locked in school bus
- Are Yearly Flu Shots Beneficial Or Bogus?
- Mata Hari - The Wild Woman
- Texas woman killed by officer pointed gun after hearing noises
- Neophyte Networking - The Historic Art of Networking From Birth to Death
- BBC 100 Women 2019: Who is on the list this year?
- Old Josh's Ode to Bessie
- DNA testing could exonerate man 13 years after he was executed for rape, murder
- Fort Worth chief: ‘Absolutely no excuse’ for woman’s killing
- Age Related Weight Gain - Fact Or Fiction?
- Coronary Heart Disease - Surprisingly the Top Cause of Death in Women
- Collection Development - A Review of Some Related Literature
71-year-old woman becomes Việt Nam's 62nd COVID-19 related death have 380 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.