51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker takes samples from a child in HCMC for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health this morning, June 1, reported 111 more Covid-19 cases in HCMC, Bac Giang and Bac Ninh, with HCMC recording the most at 51 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this morning, June 1, reported 111 more Covid-19 cases in HCMC, Bac Giang and Bac Ninh, with HCMC recording the most at 51, taking the country's total number of infections to 4,356 since April 27.
All the domestic infections reported in HCMC were linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission, while 45 Covid-19 cases in Bac Giang Province were detected at quarantine centers or areas under lockdown. Bac Ninh Province had 15 new infections.
Among 36 provinces and cities hit by Covid-19 in the fourth coronavirus wave, 14 localities have undergone 14 consecutive days without any new domestic Covid-19 cases.
As many as 13 Covid-19 patients made a full recovery and were discharged from hospitals today, taking the total number of recoveries to 3,043.
During the latest resurgence of Covid-19 in the country, HCMC has reported 208 locally-infected Covid-19 cases.
Speaking at a meeting with the HCMC Department of Health on May 31, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh said that HCMC should get ready for the worst-case scenario.
Tang Chi Thuong, deputy director of the municipal department, said that the city had prepared response plans in case of 5,000 cases, readying over 1,900 beds for the treatment of Covid-19 patients.
The city's competent forces and medical workers are enhancing their efforts to trace all contacts related to the Covid-19 patients and conduct Covid-19 tests on a larger scale, focusing on high-risk areas, the local media reported.
Due to the rising number of infections in HCMC, Khanh Hoa and Binh Dinh provinces have suspended passenger transport services from/to HCMC to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The two provinces also issued the order putting people arriving from HCMC's Go Vap District and Thanh Loc Ward in District 12 under quarantine for 21 days. These people will also undergo three Covid-19 tests.
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 infections in community for 52 days
- Kerala records 5,490 new COVID-19 infections on January 14
- Thailand confirms 142 new COVID-19 infections
- China Posts Highest One-Day Increase in New COVID-19 Infections Since July
- Ecuador registers 1,747 new COVID-19 infections
- Nigeria records 1,270 new COVID-19 infections
- New COVID-19 strain detected in Philippines: gov't
- Thailand reports 198 new COVID-19 infections, one more fatality
- Thousands new COVID-19 cases reported in Southeast Asian countries
- An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
- Wuhan scientists admit to being bitten by COVID-19 infected bats
- World COVID-19 Infections Climb Towards 100 Million
51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC have 428 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.