These doses will be administered to Chinese citizens residing in Vietnam, Vietnamese who will study, work or go to China for business purposes, and those who require this vaccine, especially in areas near Vietnam’s border with China.
The vaccine, called Vero Cell, is produced by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co.Ltd.
Vietnam approved the emergency use of the vaccine on June 4.
Vaccines and syringes arrived in Hanoi’s Noi Bai Airport, June 20, 2021. Photo by V.Thu.
The vaccine was approved by China last December and by WHO for emergency use last month. It has been shipped to more than 70 countries, including those in Southeast Asia like Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
More than 450 million doses of Vero Cell have been produced, with more than 100 million given away to other countries and selling for enterprises.
Vietnam has been using the AstraZeneca vaccine for its vaccination program. It has approved four Covid-19 vaccines so far: U.K.’s AstraZeneca, Russia’s Generium, China’s Sinopharm and a vaccine developed by U.S.-based firm Pfizer and Germany’s BioNTech Inc.
- The Vaccine Debate- A Nurse’s Point of View
- Spotting the vaccine-preventable diseases that are back in the waiting room
- Rubella (German Measles): Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Measles Returns to Alaska, But No Media!
- With These Effective Remedies, You Won’t Even Need A Flu Shot
- 95% of status quo scientists FAIL this simple SCIENCE QUIZ… (take it yourself and see why)
- Flu Shot: Side Effects, Facts, Things to Consider
- Bacterial meningitis: Causes, symptoms, and treatment
- How you are conned into eating food that makes and keeps you sick
- When Scientists Lie
- The Killer in the Locker Room
- Homeopathic Arsenicum Album: Facts, Health Benefits, and Uses
500,000 doses of Chinese Sinopharm vaccine arrive in Hanoi have 283 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.