One more individual has tested positive for Covid-19, after the conclusion of the mandatory polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing exercise for residents and visitors of blocks 501 and 507 Hougang Avenue 8.
A total of 828 residents and visitors were tested in these two blocks.
According to the Ministry of Health (MOH), details on the positive case will be reported in an upcoming press release by MOH.
Update on testing
As of 12 pm on June 5, 1,208 residents of block 506 Hougang Avenue 8 and staff working in shops in neighbouring blocks have been tested.
A total of 776 individuals were found to be negative for Covid-19, and 432 more test results are pending.
1,808 visitors of block 506 Hougang Avenue 8, as well as residents and visitors of neighbouring blocks have also been tested, with 1,246 individuals found negative for Covid-19, and 562 more test results pending.
Mandatory testing extended for a day
Currently, all residents of 506 Hougang Avenue 8, as well staff of shops in neighbouring blocks have to undergo mandatory testing.
The neighbouring blocks are:
- 511 Hougang Avenue 10
- 681, 683 and 684 Hougang Avenue 8
- 682 Hougang Avenue 4
- 685 and 698 Hougang Street 61
Visitors to 506 Hougang Avenue 8, and residents and visitors of neighbouring blocks are encouraged to come forward for voluntary testing.
According to MOH, due to the high response received for the mandatory testing, operations will be extended for one more day to June 6, 2021.
MOH will notify these individuals of their tests, which will be conducted at the void deck of 507 Hougang Avenue 8, from June 4 to 6, between 9am to 4pm.
For the voluntary testing, it will be conducted by appointment only, at the tented pavilion at 685A Hougang Street 61, from June 4 to 10, between 9am to 4pm, and at alternate test locations from June 4 to 17.
Those who wish to book an appointment can visit this website .
Top image via Gerald Giam/FB.
- 3 zoning cases that will test the Montgomery County Commission
- Measles cases among adults climb in the Bay Area, most exposed through international travel
- 7 new OMG-good extreme ice cream shops in the Bay Area
- Rochester case is first test of new wage theft law
- Plethora of new state laws take effect Tuesday
- Brothers charged in New Haven stabbing
- Unlocked homes, vehicles entered in New Canaan
- Test is first in U.S. to help detect new STD threat
- CMP misled the public, mismanaged rollout of new billing system
- Fed monitor: Mayor de Blasio’s new housing chief misled public
- Paramount environmental lab owner pleads guilty to falsifying results — veracity of 100s of tests now questioned
- Arrest in four-decade-old Wisconsin cold case stuns rural town
1 new Covid-19 case detected through mandatory testing of residents in Hougang Ave 8 area have 417 words, post on mothership.sg at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.