At the Asia and Oceania qualifiers in Tokyo, they finished second in the women's lightweight double sculls in a time of 7 minutes and 17.34 seconds behind Japan's Chiaki Tomita and Ayami Oishi, who finished in 7 minutes and 15.84 seconds.
The top three qualified. The other duo are from Iran.
In the women's single sculls, Pham Thi Hue placed fourth. This should have qualified her since the top five go through, but each country is only allowed to send its top scorers in the qualifiers to the event, and Vietnam’s are Thao and Hao.
Earlier Nguyen Huy Hoang (swimming), Le Thanh Tung, Dinh Phuong Thanh (gymnastics), Nguyen Hoang Phi Vu, Do Thi Anh Nguyet (archery) and Nguyen Van Duong (boxing) had already qualified.
The Tokyo Olympics, delayed since last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, is scheduled to take place from July 23 to August 8.
Vietnam's best result ever was at the Rio de Janeiro games in 2016, where Hoang Xuan Vinh clinched a gold medal in the 10 m air pistol category.
- Chellsie Memmel, 12 years after her Olympics, came back to gymnastics as a mom
- South Korean authorities encourage men to marry foreign women. But they often become victims of abuse
- In bustling Vietnam, Hoi An a bridge to the past
- Paddlers Xu/Sun win mixed doubles at China's Olympic practice test
- Matildas suffer late heartbreak as USA salvage Tournament of Nations draw
- John Harvey and his heavy hits in sport
- Celebrity MasterChef 2020 line-up - from Jeff Brazier to Lady Leshurr
- The Cornish accent is officially the least sexy – but with hot police and Poldark rocking it, we prove why that’s WRONG
- What is captain Chetri's role? Pargat Singh asks
- Yuck! This haute cuisine was more like a grisly crime scene... CHRISTOPHER STEVENS reviews last night's TV
- Veepstakes Heats Up: Guide to Biden’s running mate options
- Madonna Biopic Tops 2016 Hollywood Black List
Women rowers grab two Olympic slots for Vietnam have 307 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.