JAMES Newman flew the flag for the UK at the 2021 Eurovision Song contest on Saturday – but sadly received ZERO points from the public and the juries.
He gave his all at the 65th edition of the prestigious event, but didn’t bring home a win despite Brits dubbing him as one of the UK's best entries.
Who is James Newman?
James Newman is a multi-award winning, multi-platinum selling English singer-songwriter based in London.
Is he related to John Newman?
James is the older brother of singer John Newman .
His younger sibling is best known for the track Love Me Again.
The two brothers get on well and regularly share pictures together with their fans.
More on Eurovision
What song did James Newman perform?
James was set to represent the United Kingdom at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest, performing My Last Breath at the event’s final, but due to the pandemic , last year’s show was cancelled and he didn’t get to perform.
Instead, the replacement show Eurovision: Europe Shine A Light was aired in May 2020 honouring the 41 entries.
It was then revealed that Newman would represent the UK in the 2021 Eurovision Song contest on May 22 and would sing a song called Embers.
Speaking to BBC Radio 1, James said: "Embers is about those sparks that don't die out. When we were writing this, it felt like I wanted to show everyone that we were coming back together.
"It's about having that connection and something reigniting. It's about us emerging from this rubbish time we've been having. It fits with the idea that Eurovision is coming back."
The staging for James' performance included two giant trumpets.
Jo Wallace, who is the acting Controller of Entertainment Commissioning for the BBC, was keen to welcome him back this year, saying: “We are so pleased to have James back with us and representing the United Kingdom at Eurovision 2021.
“After 2020 and the cancellation of the 65th Contest, Eurovision is exactly what everyone needs!”
- WWE News: Full Spoilers for NXT UK Plymouth night one tapings
- Edurne Garcia, Girlfriend Of David De Gea, Is Stunner At Eurovision Song Contest 2015
- Researchers rake in $280K at Pwn2Own hacking contest
- Tyrone and holders Derry to square up in Under-20 showpiece
- Wales made to pay for Bale miss as Hungary snatch late win
- McMenamin all set for massive test as Donegal eye semi
- McCormack on double Belgian bid as he opts out of Donegal
- Kinghan chases elusive crown at Bishopscourt
- Doritos Super Bowl 2015 Ads In Semifinals
- Doritos Super Bowl 2015 Ads Voting Is Live
- Tyrone ready to turn on the power
- Bian triumphs while Hind revved up for Junior tilt
Who is James Newman? UK’s Eurovision contestant have 659 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.