The 40 domestic infections were recorded in Hanoi with 24 cases, Da Nang (five), Hung Yen (four), Hai Duong, Dien Bien, Ha Nam, Nghe An, Nam Dinh, Phu Tho and Vinh Phuc with one each.
In Hanoi, the 24 patients are either linked to the infected Chinese experts in Yen Bai Province, or the Covid-19 cases confirmed at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases or the K cancer hospital in Tan Trieu Commune, both coronavirus hotspots in Hanoi.
The 24 patients are being treated at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Dong Anh District.
The five patients in Da Nang are linked to the outbreak at the New Phuong Dong Bar in the central city. They are being treated at the Da Nang Lung Hospital.
In Hung Yen, the four patients are related to the cases in the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
The case in Hai Duong is one who was in contact with a previous case here.
The case in Dien Bien is a person who traveled from Da Nang to Hanoi on flight VN160 of Vietnam Airlines on April 29. On May 2, after acknowledging that she was in the same flight with a Covid-19 case, the woman went for a health declaration and was quarantined in Dien Bien.
The case in Ha Nam is linked to the outbreak in this northern province.
The patient in Nghe An is one who had direct contact with an infected person in the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases 2. The same goes for the new cases in Phu Tho and Nam Dinh.
The case in Vinh Phuc is a person who works at a karaoke parlor in Phuc Yen Town of the province.
The six imported cases were detected in HCMC, Da Nang, Quang Tri and Binh Thuan.
Nationwide, Vietnam has recorded 161 Covid-19 community transmission cases in 19 localities since January 27.
Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long on Friday described the current outbreak as “very alarming”.
He said the outbreak is complicated with many hotspots, diverse sources of infection and different virus variants having higher infection speed, as compared with the previous outbreaks.
“The control of the outbreak might even be more difficult in the coming time, with possible new hotspots and unknown sources of infection,” he added.
In a meeting on Covid-19 fighting on Friday, Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam said a major reason behind this outbreak is the inadequate management on people entering Vietnam at centralized quarantine facilities, including hotels.
Some people who finished their 14-day centralized quarantine and still needed to be monitored for another 14 days at home but they failed to follow regulations and were not monitored properly, he noted. “Some even went to parties and karaoke parlors, that's unacceptable.”
- Killer of 90 helps sheriff solve 40-year-old cold case
- Judge frees Dr. Rajendra Bothra on record bond in $500M fraud case
- Vietnam emerged as most digital of all ASEAN economies: Google & Temasek
- Vietnam Offers India Chance to Get Tougher Against Maritime Rival China
- Looking Back on Dec. 19
- Decriminalizing Domestic Violence Was a 'Mistake,' Russian Official Admits
- Thousands of child brides were deemed legal in the U.S., immigration records show
- Did a New York podiatrist help Donald Trump avoid Vietnam?
- North Korea Studies Vietnam for Development Ideas
- New deportation fears among Vietnamese immigrants as Trump administration discusses new deal with Vietnam
- Mark Dayton on his 40 years of public service: ‘I was part of making things happen’
- Trump Administration Hopes Vietnam Will Take More Deportees
Vietnam records another 40 domestic Covid-19 cases have 566 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.