Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam has exerted sound control over the latest outbreak of COVID-19 in the country, particularly at the Hanoi-based National Hospital for Tropical Diseases and the Vietnam National Cancer Hospital (Hospital K), Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen affirmed at a May 12 online working session with the two medical facilities, which have been hotspots during this outbreak.
Tuyen said that new community infections linked to the two hospitals have been recorded, adding that they have made all-out efforts to stamp out the pandemic.
He requested them ensure their facilities and equipment are ready to receive COVID-19 patients.
The deputy minister also asked the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases to review its regulations, instructions, and procedures in patient treatment areas to avoid cross-transmission and the spread of the disease to the community.
He said it is necessary to review screening activities, adding that hospital staff working in risky areas like patient reception desks, examination departments, and emergency sections should receive periodic Covid-19 testing at least once a week.
The COVID-19 tally in Vietnam stood at 3,593 as of 12:00 on May 12. Cases have now been found in 26 cities and provinces nationwide./.
- PM highlights anti-COVID-19 efforts, recovery solutions in report to legislature
- Vietnam stands firm amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Vietnam helps ASEAN battle the COVID-19 pandemic
- PM Phúc shares secrets behind Việt Nam’s success in fighting COVID-19
- Việt Nam helps ASEAN battle the COVID-19 pandemic
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 21
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 23
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 27
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 19
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 28
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 22
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 25
Vietnam basically bringing COVID-19 under control have 312 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 12, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.