Viet Capital Commercial Joint Stock Bank, also known as Viet Capital Bank, has signed on as an official sponsor for the Vietnamese men's national basketball team during the squad's appearances in both the Vietnam Professional Basketball League (VBA) and this year's Southeast Asian Games.
The men's national basketball squad will compete as the eighth team in the VBA, joining the Saigon Heat, Cantho Catfish, Danang Dragons, Hanoi Buffalo, Hochiminh City Wings, Thanglong Warriors, and Nhatrang Dolphins prior to partaking in the 2021 SEA Games scheduled for November and December in Hanoi.
According to a team roster recently published by the Vietnam Basketball Federation (VBF), Connor Nguyen serves as the national team's general manager while American Kevin Yurkus, who contributed to the team's bronze medal at the 2019 SEA Games in the Philippines, will take the helm as head coach.
Meanwhile, the 12-man squad consists of local stars such as Dinh Thanh Tam, Young Duong Justin, Tran Dang Khoa, and the 2.02-meter-tall Nguyen Huynh Phu Vinh.
Viet Capital Bank's sponsorship of the team was announced following the release of the roster.
Previously, Viet Capital Bank sponsored the VBA, the Saigon Heat during their appearances in the ASEAN Basketball League, and the national team at the 2017 and 2019 SEA Games editions.
"The ability of physical training, sports, and community activities to spread and build positive values for the society is what Viet Capital Bank always focuses on," explained a representative of the Vietnamese lender.
The representative went on to discuss the growing popularity basketball has enjoyed throughout Vietnam in recent years.
"Vietnamese basketball has undergone many changes and is now quite popular amongst young people,” he said.
“This year, Viet Capital Bank is honored to continue accompanying the VBA and the VBF.
“We hope to contribute to the national team's success as well as to the development of the country's basketball."
Initiated in 2016, the VBA is now gearing up for its sixth season, scheduled to kick off this May and last until September.
- HDBank achieves great success after 30 years of development: banking official
- Libyan rivals to sign ceasefire deal in Moscow
- Viet Nam's economy shines in 2019 but concerns exist for 2020
- For Nikki Haley, Dealing With Foreign Tyrants Is the Easy Part of the Job
- Mega 2019 deals set stage for intriguing M&A scene this year
- ASUU Strike: Our position on varsity funding — Babalakin, Chair, F G Negotiating Team
- College Basketball’s Best Frontcourts
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Việt Nam's economy shines in 2019 but concerns exist for 2020
- 13 Big Live Events Coming Up Near Simsbury
- Windsor: Tickets Going Fast For These 13 Big Events Near You
- TV News Roundup: Hulu Sets Premiere Date for ‘Utopia Falls’
Viet Capital Bank inks sponsorship deal with Vietnamese men’s national basketball team have 476 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.