The event was co-hosted by VAVA President Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Van Rinh and Deputy Commander of Army Corps 12 Senior Colonel Nguyen Phuc Hau.
Speaking at the conference, General Rinh briefed participants on VAVA's remarkable activities this year and key events to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Agent Orange disaster in Vietnam, including the 4th congress to honor AO/dioxin victims with outstanding achievements, an international seminar on AO-related diseases and treatment, and a meeting to mark the 60th anniversary of the AO disaster in Vietnam.
Also, he added that the leadership of Army Corps 12 should direct relevant agencies and units to boost the dissemination of information about the AO disaster and great efforts of the Party, the State, and Army Corps 12 in overcoming post-war toxic chemical consequences while working with military hospitals and medical establishments to conduct social activities to help AO/dioxin victims, namely providing them with free medical examinations, health counseling, and medicines.
Moreover, in the coming time, functional units of Army Corps 12 will coordinate with associations for AO/dioxin victims at all levels and the Truong Son – Ho Chi Minh Trail Traditional Association to provide AO/dioxin victims with more gratitude houses and gifts.
On behalf of Army Corps 12, Colonel Hau affirmed that the unit will closely work with other relevant units to effectively carry out activities in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the AO disaster in Vietnam.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so ‘knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb’
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so he knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb
- Army instructors deny ‘ill-treatment’ and ‘battery’ of recruits
- What are the Army, Air and Sea Cadets, how many forces are there in the UK and are they overseen by the Ministry of Defence?
- Harrogate-based Army instructors go on trial over alleged abuse of teenage recruits
- Ten Army instructors face trial over alleged abuse of teenage recruits
- Scrimshaw family thanks community for support following shock 'modern slavery' raid
- How Myanmar forces burned, looted and killed in a remote village
- Team of amputee veterans inspired millions when they rowed for 46 46 back-breaking days across the Atlantic
- Dogs like Boo can mean the difference between life and death for veterans
- What Moldova's new NATO office means for Russia—and the EU
- First picture of Vietnamese pilot killed in helicopter in mid-air collision with plane during 'training session'
VAVA, Army Corps 12 coordinate to disseminate AO/dioxin victims-related information have 401 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.