Thanh Hoa puts over 1,800 students and teachers under home quarantine
The Saigon Times
|Medical workers conduct Covid-19 tests. Over 1,730 students and 100 teachers and employees at Nguyen Van Troi Primary School in Thanh Hoa Province have been placed under home quarantine – PHOTO: TNO|
HCMC – Over 1,730 students and 100 teachers and employees at Nguyen Van Troi Primary School in Thanh Hoa Province have been placed under quarantine at home after a Covid-19 case was detected.
Le Thanh Dong, deputy head of Thanh Hoa City's Education and Training Division, on May 7 ordered the primary school to suspend classes after a man who was found infected with Covid-19 visited the school to pick up his children.
The man tested positive for Covid-19 on May 6 after having close contact with a Chinese expert.
Principal of Nguyen Van Troi Primary School Pham Thi Nhu said that her children, including a third grader and a fifth one, came into close contact with their teachers and classmates. The two students have been staying home since April 30.
Thanh Hoa City's Education and Training Division asked the school to offer online classes during the isolation period, the local media reported.
Besides, the provincial Department of Education and Training proposed the Thanh Hoa government allow ending the academic year prior to May 15, 10 days sooner than the schedule, due to the complicated development of Covid-19.
In another development, 41 students and 15 teachers at Vuon Tuoi Tho Kindergarten and 100 people who live in the Tecco Linh Dong Building in HCMC’s Thu Duc City, had their samples taken for Covid-19 testing today.
Director of the Thu Duc Center for Preventive Medicine Nguyen Van Chuc said that a child who resides in the apartment building and studies at the kindergarten traveled to HCMC from Danang City on the same flight as a Covid-19 case.
- Why is it so expensive to become a teacher?
- Joy of autistic student as he receives bursary in memory of devoted Derry teacher
- College student breaks neck after he was ordered to wrestle 15st teacher in Bradford
- The teachers trained to kill with guns they carry to school in secret
- Teachers win £220k compensation following classroom assaults such as eye-gouging and headbutting
- The trainee teacher and his twisted plan to win back his ex
- Why some students won't be getting their NCEA certificate
- Libby Squire latest – Hull butcher, 24, quizzed by police over student’s disappearance has car towed away and home sealed
- Student releases Luxembourg language app
- Talented Belfast pianist says it was Barry Douglas and Sir James Galway who helped put him on musical map
- Home-made sci-fi museum fears closure as Dalek shed ‘needs planning permission’
- Parents, students protest outside Agat school
Thanh Hoa puts over 1,800 students and teachers under home quarantine have 436 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.