" Changi Airport remains open for air travel during this period," according to a statement of Changi Airport Group (ACG). "Passengers may also continue to be dropped off and picked up from the airport."
"Access to the passenger terminal buildings will be restricted to only passengers with air tickets and essential airport workers. Some essential services and food and beverage outlets will remain open to serve them.”
All workers in Changi Airport's Terminals 1 and 3, and Jewel have been undergoing mandatory COVID-19 tests in a special testing operation starting May 9.
"This is to quickly detect, isolate and treat any potential COVID-19 cases in the airport community."
Meanwhile, the Singapore Badminton Open 2021, scheduled for June 1-6, has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
In an announcement, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) said all attempts were made to provide a safe tournament environment for all participants.
"However, the rising COVID-19 cases globally would lead to complex challenges in managing inbound travel. Thus, in the interest of our players and the local community’s health and safety, the event has to be cancelled."
The Southeast Asian country, with a population of 5.7 million, has so far reported more than 61,000 COVID-19 cases and 31 related deaths./.
- Credit card skimmers found at 13 gas stations, airport terminal in March, according to HPD
- What Are the Fastest and Slowest Airports to Exit Worldwide?
- What You Need to Know About the Hong Kong Airport Cancellations
- Terminal expansion plan recommended
- Hong Kong airport cancels flights again amid protester takeover
- Airport garage remains on schedule for spring 2020 opening
- The best and worst airlines and airports of 2019
- Mobile launches a ‘game changer’ with inaugural departure from Downtown airport
- The Little Airport That Will
- Hong Kong’s Economy Shudders as Its Airport Descends into Chaos
- Americans will now have shorter waits at British airports
- Hong Kong airport shut down amid pro-democracy protest
Singapore: Changi Airport’s terminal buildings, Jewel closed due to COVID-19 have 348 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 13, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.