The NEC stated that, in the face of the complicated developments of COVID-19, the Party and State have issued various documents urging all level authorities, agencies, mass organisations and each citizen to strictly comply with the regulations and solutions on COVID-19 response, while limiting the organisation of events with large concentrations of people. In case of necessity, such events must strictly comply with the requirements from the Ministry of Health and the guidance of the competent authorities.
From now to the national election day, set for May 23, the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Committees in localities throughout the country will strengthen the hosting of meetings between candidates to run for their deputy slots at the 15th National Assembly (NA) and People's Councils at all levels with voters to lobby for the elections. The NEC therefore suggested the Standing Committee of the VFF Central Committee continue to instruct the VFF Standing Committees at all levels to regularly update information on requests regarding COVID-19 prevention and control.
The NEC also asked localities with land borders, localities that have found locally-transmitted cases and other areas at high risk of COVID-19 outbreaks to be particularly cautious in considering the number of meetings held with strict compliance to the regulations and guidelines on COVID-19 response.
* On the same day, the standing board of the VFF Central Committee also issued a guideline asking localities to hold election campaigns in accordance with the requirements on COVID-19 prevention and control.
The board urged VFF chapters at all levels to coordinate with election committees of the same level to decide the number and the form for meetings with voters based on the situation in their respective localities.
Localities in normal state or under social distancing measures can hold conferences with voters either offline or online.
For localities under medical lockdown, local VFF committees should work with Party Committees and election committees at their corresponding levels to select suitable methods to hold election campaigns, with priority given to campaigning via mass media.
In case candidates are infected with COVID-19 or are placed under quarantine, the standing boards must reach consensus with election committees on the way to organise election campaigns, with priority given to campaigning via mass media.
- Portugal’s Costa gets Madeira boost ahead of election
- Macron urges government to 'face up to immigration issues'
- Orange and yellow weather warnings issued ahead of Storm Lorenzo
- Afghans vote for president amid Taliban threats, fraud fears
- Council of Europe urged to probe UK over rule of law breaches
- General election ‘could CANCEL Christmas’: Civil Service chief Mark Sedwill 'warns a vote MUST be held by December 12 or No10 faces turfing pantomimes, parties and Nativity plays out of village halls and schools used as polling stations’
- Digital threats multiply ahead of 2020 US elections
- Keep a conservative Democrat governor or go Republican? Louisiana voters decide
- NA Standing Committee convenes 38th meeting
- Will the UK meet Michel Barnier's midnight Brexit deal deadline? And what will happen if no agreement has been hammered out before a crunch EU summit starts on Thursday?
- Why Some Young Voters Are Choosing Democratic Socialism Over the Democratic Party
- Brexit poll RESULTS: Get Brexit DONE Boris urged in exclusive poll as PM faces ultimatum
Safety urged for meetings with voters ahead of national election amid COVID-19 have 538 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.