Provinces in central Viet Nam have been attracting more and more wind and solar energy projects.
Many investors want to set up offshore wind power projects in Binh Dinh Province.
Quang Tri Province, which aims to become a renewable energy hub, has 13 projects with a total output of 276MW. With an average wind velocity of up to seven metres per second in its mountainous regions in the west, it has great potential in wind power.
Twenty nine projects with a total capacity of 1,117.2MW are set to begin construction in the near future.
In Ninh Thuan Province, Trung Nam Construction Investment Corporation put into operation in April Viet Nam's largest wind power plant.
Nguyen Tam Tien, its general director, said the company is working on more projects so that by 2027 it could produce an additional 10GW of energy.
Tran Quoc Nam, chairman of the province People's Committee, said Ninh Thuan has the highest potential for wind and solar power compared in the country, and has prioritised renewables.
Viet Nam is focusing on renewable energy to cope with rising electricity demand while making full use of its natural resources, barren lands unfit for agriculture and millions of rooftops.
It is environment-friendly, helping Viet Nam fulfil its international commitments on combating climate change. — VNS
- Budget 2021-22: Decentralized Renewable Energy sector is the key for clean energy
- Better infrastructure is way to absorb surge in renewable energy production: experts
- Vietnam to cut 2021 renewable energy output
- Vietnam makes a big push into renewable energy
- Vietnam to cut 1.3 billion kWh of renewable energy this year
- Updated biomass energy project development guideline to benefit investors
- A framework for a comprehensive energy storage policy in India
- Decentralised Renewables - An opportunity to leverage the pandemic recovery process
- Tesla and other green energy investments look bubble-like
- Quang Binh Province approves 35 investment projects
- VN issues action plan to implement National Energy Development Strategy
- District headquarters in Rajasthan to be developed as green energy cities
Renewable energy investors make beeline for central provinces have 340 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.