Hanoi (VNA) – The People's Army Newspaper together with the Ministry of National Defence 's Department for External Relations held a press conference in Hanoi on May 4 to introduce a quiz on the International Army Games .
Speaking at the press conference, deputy head of the department Pham Manh Thang said the contest aims to promote the games, which encourage international defence cooperation between nations, and to honour the People's Army of Vietnam's achievements at previous events.
Vietnam is actively preparing itself to host a number of competitions within the games this year, he said, adding that meetings have taken place to discuss options for organising these activities at the Mieu Mon training centre in Hanoi in line with COVID-19 prevention and control measures.
Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the People's Army Newspaper Le Ngoc Long said the contest, held weekly from May 6 to August 8, features multiple choice tests and requires that contestants submit their predictions of the numbers of people with correct answers.
In addition to weekly prizes, there will be one first prize worth 20 million VND (865 USD), two second prizes worth 10 million VND each, three third prizes of 5 million VND each, and 10 consolidation prizes of 3 million VND each.
The International Army Games 2021 is scheduled for August 22 – September 4, with 13 host nations, including Russia, Armenia, Belarus, India, Kazakhstan, Qatar, China, Mongolia, Serbia, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. Of the 34 competitions, Vietnam will host the rescue and sniper events./.
- Vietnam makes impressive performance at Army Games 2020
- Vietnamese team makes impression at opening of Army Games 2020
- Vietnam high-ranking delegation departs for Army Games 2020 in Russia
- Vietnam’s tank crew secures group’s second place at Army Games
- Việt Nam’s tank crew secures group’s second place at Army Games
- Army 2020 Expo and International Army Games Open in Russia – Video
- 'Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout' is one of the biggest indie video game launches of all time
- Army Games 2020 officially opens in Russia
- Vietnamese team makes an impression at opening of Army Games 2020
- Vietnam’s participation in Army Games 2020 promotes relations with Russia
- China tank makes mark at army games
- Russia appreciates Vietnam’s participation in the Army Games 2020
Quiz on Army Games launched have 363 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.