Chu Xuan Dung, deputy chairman of the municipal People's Committee, said Tuesday residents should refrain from gathering in public spaces, and keep maintaining a distance of at least a meter from each other.
He said they should not exercise or play sports as a group in parks, gardens and other public spaces.
Any celebrations and other gatherings must strictly follow all coronavirus prevention measures, including the submitting of medical declarations and wearing masks, he added.
Dung's announcement was made as part of the capital city's response to the nationwide Covid-19 outbreak since last week that has so far seen 38 community transmissions recorded in seven localities: Ha Nam, Vinh Phuc, Hanoi, Hung Yen, Da Nang, Yen Bai and HCMC.
Hanoi so far has recorded four community cases and locked down several locations including the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, its frontline hospital in the Covid-19 fight. The capital city has also suspended many non-essential services including theaters, massage parlors, gyms and outdoor food vendors and cafes.
The city currently has over 2,400 people under centralized quarantine.
- Russian flavours in Hanoi
- Endless Inspiration – the first nude art exhibition opened in Hanoi
- Against the clock! New brainteaser challenges puzzlers to spot the pocket watch telling the wrong time - but can YOU beat the 9 second record?
- Public Voices Disagreement With Pittsburgh Public Schools Budget, Including Tax Increases
- Who is telling the truth? Key moments in Prince Andrew scandal revealed
- 13 states sue over legal immigration 'public charge' rule
- Land tussle: Our lives no longer safe, Ayobo residents cry out
- The jihadi who had a picture of Osama Bin Laden on his school exercise book: London Bridge terrorist Usman Khan was seen laughing at videos of 9/11 terror attacks when he was just 14
- Why the public face of NATO’s largest military exercise since 2002 is taking the internet by storm
- Labour's second Brexit referendum will be RIGGED, claims Boris Johnson in public letter blasting Jeremy Corbyn for pledging to give votes to millions of EU citizens
- Ready to Put on Hold Local Body Polls in Nine Districts of Tamil Nadu, State Govt Tells SC
- Measles-stricken Samoa arrests vocal anti-vaxxer for telling officials to 'enjoy your killing spree' amid two-day shutdown to give islanders MMR jabs in outbreak that has killed 63 people
No exercising in public, Hanoi tells residents have 372 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.